cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Slow data speeds on local tower - Larned, KS Tower Trouble?

RustyKH
Miembro

I live at O Road, 67567

Everyone in the household has slow data speeds (always under 2mbps download) at all times of day.  I work at Topeka Street, Larned, KS  67550 and have the same slow speed issues inside the office and when driving around town.  I think we connect to the Larned tower at home.  If we travel to Great Bend, KS  67530 just 20 miles away we typically get over 20MBPS and the same for the St. John, KS  67576 we get 30mbps regularly.

Seems to be an issue with the Larned tower

0 Me gusta

Re: Slow data speeds on local tower

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you are having slow speeds. Let's look further into this. Do all lines have the same issues outside and in different parts of the zip code? When did this start? JoeL_VZW

0 Me gusta

RustyKH
Miembro

Yes the issues are in different parts of the zip code and inside and outside of structures.  I had a chat session with tech support and they claimed it was because of the plan I'm on - Start Unlimited - and they could see that there was network congestion on the tower I was on so my speeds were slower.  I switched my line to a higher plan and the speeds are better.  The problem is it didn't matter what time of day or what day it was, I would always have slower speeds on the Start Unlimited plan.  Sounds like either this tower is congested all the time and needs upgraded or another one installed in this area, or I'm just being gouged for more money.  I can travel to neighboring communities when on the Start Unlimited plan and have very good speeds (25-30Mbps).   I'm looking into switching to AT&T as they seem to have good coverage in my home area.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

RustyKH, it saddens us to see that you are thinking of leaving the Verizon Family. We appreciate your loyalty to us and we don't want to see you go. Getting the best plan value for your usage and budget needs is key. With our current plans:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/ you may see the plan details located under the column for each device, which entails that the Start Unlimited plan was designed for infrequent data users. However the upside is that your speeds have gotten faster, giving you the ability to user your phone as you'd like. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Me gusta

RustyKH
Miembro

Why would an unlimited data plan be designed for someone with "infrequent data use"?  While I have better speeds with the next level unlimited plan, the speeds in this area are still not up to good 4G speeds.  For instance right now I'm getting 2.84Mbps download and 0.01Mbps upload (that is not a typo).  I frequently have to upload photos for my job while out in the field and the service in this area is inadequate on this tower.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand how important it is to have excellent service. I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your speeds.  We want to make sure we get everything resolved for you. Please reach out to us via Twitter @VZWSupport or Facebook. Please visit our "Contact Us" http://vz.to/2oI40pQ page for additional options. You're not alone; we want to help you. 

EvelynR_VZW

0 Me gusta

LINEME74
Miembro

The problem is that no matter what data plan u have. During congested times they'll still depriortize you. Even if u haven't reached your 22 gigs on your plan. I'm a prime example. I live in Winchester va. And I was on the beyond plan the 22 gig one. And from 11 to 6 my speeds are so slow that sometimes I can't even get on the internet. In the morning before 11 I can pull 10 to 20 on a speed test. After 11 I'm lucky to pull 1. I've talked to many Verizon employees and tried different phones. Tried resetting my network settings to no avail. The bottom line is their tower is to congested on this side of town during those hours. So they depriortize you. If my information is not correct please contact me

0 Me gusta