cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Security concerns for a family plan

scififan
Miembro

Hello. I am sure that most of us are concerned about hacking - more so than previously with the Equifax breach. I saw a recent answer that said my wireless number cannot be ported without my password and notification - although where that notification would go was not said - anyone know where the notification goes?

However, I have a family plan with 4 cell phones on it, and I want to know if there is anything I need to do to secure all 4 numbers. I am the only person with the password to our account, so is my keeping it secure enough to protect all 4 lines?

Thanks for any help!

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Security concerns for a family plan

sprmankalel
Leader

The billing password should help secure your account.

The billing password is used when calling Verizon Wireless Customer Service. Also, when you go into a third party retailer such as Best Buy, Wireless Zone, GoWireless, CostCo, Sam's Club or any of the host of others. They can't open the account without the PW. In a corporate store only the account holder and up to 3 designated account mangers will be assisted but they MUST be listed on the account AND they MUST show photo ID.

If someone gets a hold of your PW and also has the account number, they will be able to port your number from the Verizon Wireless network.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

To port a number the new carrier needs the 10 digit number, account number and billing password. If no billing password is present then the last 4 of the account holder's SSN will be used. If you want to secure your account then you should put a billing password on it. Verizon does not have a system in place that will prevent a port until the account owner is notified. As long as all of the correct information is given to the new carrier then the port will be successful.

Here's what: I have never heard of anyone porting a number to a different carrier to use. If someone wants to commit fraud on your VZW account they usually just go an add lines and order phones to be shipped somewhere else.

scififan
Miembro

Hi! Thanks so much for your answer. I will contact Verizon wireless to add a billing password. I have been readling accounts of people whose phones stopped working and that was because they went into a phone store and ported an existing number to a new device.

Wil lthe billing password also prevent someone from adding a line to an account?

Thanks again!!

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

The billing password should help secure your account.

The billing password is used when calling Verizon Wireless Customer Service. Also, when you go into a third party retailer such as Best Buy, Wireless Zone, GoWireless, CostCo, Sam's Club or any of the host of others. They can't open the account without the PW. In a corporate store only the account holder and up to 3 designated account mangers will be assisted but they MUST be listed on the account AND they MUST show photo ID.

If someone gets a hold of your PW and also has the account number, they will be able to port your number from the Verizon Wireless network.

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

scififan
Miembro

Great - thanks so much for your help!

0 Me gusta