cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Scam: account deactivated?

Monilee95
Miembro

I got a call today and the caller ID shows up as "Voicemail". When I answered it, I got an automated message that my Verizon account was suspended. Ofcourse I knew it wasn't so I just hung up. Would love for someone to play along with them and waste their time.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand receiving a call informing you that your service has been suspended can be extremely inconvenient, and we're very glad to see you did not share any personal information during this call. We recommend taking advantage of our Call Filter app which offers Free Spam Protection. The following link will provide you with more information. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ 

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Me gusta

Amyf24601
Miembro

I just got three calls in a row from 1 800 215 7741 with this "your account has been deactivated " garbage

0 Me gusta

greeklikeme
Miembro

I recieved this call 10 times today in roughly 3 hours

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry that you are receiving unsolicited calls, greeklikeme. Have you answered any of the calls from 800-922-0204? That number belongs to Verizon Wireless, and we may be trying to call you with important information.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Me gusta

k1o5
Miembro

That link is not useful.

0 Me gusta

k1o5
Miembro

They spoofed my cell number, so are you suggesting I block myself?

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

K1o5, Caller ID Spoofing has definitely become a problem in recent years. For suggestions on ways to avoid this, please visit https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides/spoofing-and-caller-id. Should this be a repeat situation, you may also want to consider a number change. This may be completed for free by following the steps under number 1 athttps://www.verizonwireless.com/businessportals/support/faqs/BillingandAccount/faq_wireless_number_c....   LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

PhoenixGTR
Miembro
  • It's happened to me too, and I'll be darned if I change my number to avoid a scammer! It's a major pain to have to notify everyone necessary, and then worry there might be someone I missed. And don't point out the number change recording, because that only goes for so long, and wouldn't it tip off the scammers too? Even if not, the scammers would get to the new number eventually. And on top of everything else, doesn't changing your number cost money? 

So, no, no way.

And of course Call Filter wouldn't help if they're spoofing your own number.

What's so great about Call Filter, anyway? What does it do that blocking the call on the phone itself doesn't?

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

@PhoenixGTR

That is a great question on what Call Filter does, so let's check that out. All anti-spam apps define a call as being spam or not (and what level of spam risk) based on how often that number dials out, at what time of day it is most active, and how often it had been reported as spam already. Our customer service number at 800.922.0204 , for example, is considered a spam number on some of these applications since we make and take calls with it at all times of the day, so you would need to use your own judgement ultimately if a phone number is good or not. As for how Call Filter stands out from the others, ours is integrated to our network and services already. That means you aren't providing your information to a 3rd party application either. Personally, I like Call Filter because of the automatic filter you can set that blocks all potential risks. They can still leave a voicemail, but that would be the best way to ensure that the caller is real or not so that you can unblock or allow them to contact you going forward. Does that help with what you were looking for?

RussellM_VZW

0 Me gusta