cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Safety Mode

Miembro

I do not know if my current plan is eligible for "Safety Mode" or if this is a good idea at all. I have what's called the Verizon X Large Plan (12GB).

We use Family Base to control our Data Usage now and I am wondering about the costs, pros and cons of switching to Safety Mode on my current plan or whether that is even possible.

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Safety Mode

Asistencia al cliente

jturning2,

I'd be happy to go over the details of Safety Mode, and answer any questions you may have. To get the benefit of Safety Mode, you will have to switch over to the New Verizon Plan. Safety Mode is a great choice to keep a light touch, when managing your data.

It is a bit different than FamilyBase, so it depends on your needs. With Safety Mode, once you reach your data limit for the family plan, the speed slows down quite a bit. You are not charged for any data overage at all while Safety Mode is enabled. If you decide that more data is needed, you can add a data boost for $15. The great thing is, if you don't need the extra data, you won't rack up overages automatically.

With FamilyBase, you can set data limits on each line, and stop use on individual lines when they've used too much. You can restrict usage on certain days or at certain times of the day, and block up to 20 numbers.

Find out more about Safety Mode here, and let us know if you have any questions: http://spr.ly/6582DGFFj

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

It can't hurt anything as it doesn't cost anything to add and simply doesn't allow overage charges if the allowance of your plan is reached.

If you do reach the allowance it will slow your speeds down which gives you the chance to increase the plan if you like, or you can decide to wait until the new cycle starts for full data speed again.

Hope that helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

jturning2,

I'd be happy to go over the details of Safety Mode, and answer any questions you may have. To get the benefit of Safety Mode, you will have to switch over to the New Verizon Plan. Safety Mode is a great choice to keep a light touch, when managing your data.

It is a bit different than FamilyBase, so it depends on your needs. With Safety Mode, once you reach your data limit for the family plan, the speed slows down quite a bit. You are not charged for any data overage at all while Safety Mode is enabled. If you decide that more data is needed, you can add a data boost for $15. The great thing is, if you don't need the extra data, you won't rack up overages automatically.

With FamilyBase, you can set data limits on each line, and stop use on individual lines when they've used too much. You can restrict usage on certain days or at certain times of the day, and block up to 20 numbers.

Find out more about Safety Mode here, and let us know if you have any questions: http://spr.ly/6582DGFFj

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes