cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Re: Robocalls.  Why, Verizon?

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Thank goodness for call blocking in the native dialer of some phones.  That and free caller ID apps.

sprmankalel
Leader

Then you are sharing your number somewhere else.

I do not share my number on any webforms and I hardly get these types of calls. My phone number is private. I don't give it to just anyone or any business on just any website.

I had an episode of A-Fib in August of 2015 and went to the hospital. Then I started getting automated calls to claim my free medical alert system. I don't think that was a coincidence. These robocalls come from you sharing your telephone number with someone that shouldn't have it or someone who should have it who sold it to another advertiser. In that case they are someone who shouldn't have it.

0 Me gusta

Re: Robocalls. Why, Verizon?

kaebfly
Leader

Phone numbers are sold and purchased in many ways...none of which your carrier can control. If you have your number on file with anything (store loyalty cards/accounts, websites, text offers such as Target or many other places that offer you savings or perks of you text a short-code number to opt in, etc) then expect your number to possibly be sold or provided to other entities. Ever used your cell number when booking a hotel? Flight? Uber? Ordering pizza? Then your number can and will be sold/shared with other advertising entities. I rarely get any calls but I also rarely provide my real phone numbers (landline or cell) to anything unless it is absolutely necessary for a company I am dealing with to be able to contact me via telephone. I often change the last digit when providing it to non-essential entities and I have to believe that this has helped me avoid the annoying robo call cycle. Often these calls end up not being a violation of the Do Not Call registry because they have a relationship with the entity you may have initially provided your info to. That's the loophole that makes it ok for them to contact you. Just something to consider.

Chismes
Líder Sénior

that's evil changing the last digit lol  I hope a person doesn't own that phone number lol.

kaebfly
Leader

Lol. I hope not but I've been doing it for years. Change the last digit of my home number and my cell number lol. So if someone has those numbers I'm sorry

Smartbear
Miembro

I Agree.  Verizon, give us access to nomorobo on our cell phones, PLEASE    

it no use blocking because telemarketers use endless numbers.  

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

You want Verizon to invest money so that another company's tech will work and give that other company revenue????

It seems Nomorobo should make their tech work with Verizon's existing technology if they want to reap the benefit, not have Verizon make the investment so that Nomorobo will reap the benefits.

Nomorobo doesn't work on Verizon because it requires something which Verizon does not currently offer, simultaneous ringing. Why should Verizon invest money to enable simultaneous ringing where there is no benefit to Verizon?

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

rcschnoor wrote:

Nomorobo doesn't work on Verizon because it requires something which Verizon does not currently offer, simultaneous ringing. Why should Verizon invest money to enable simultaneous ringing where there is no benefit to Verizon?

As far as I know, the ONLY cellular provider which MAY POSSIBLY work with Nomorobo is Project Fi because that provider has simultaneous ringing with their service.

Of course I am only guessing because Nomorobo's own website states it does not work with ANY cellular provider, however since Project Fi has simultaneous ringing it SHOULD work.

How does Nomorobo work? – Nomorobo HelpDesk

What Phone Carriers Are Supported? – Nomorobo HelpDesk

What About Wireless Carriers? – Nomorobo HelpDesk

0 Me gusta

SusanSch
Miembro

Nomorobo keeps lists of numbers reported as spammer and blocks calls from these.  Verizon has been totally uncooperative about letting customers have access to it. Verizon just doesn't care.

Highlighted

J1221
Miembro

You can try www.donotcall.gov. it may solve some problems.