cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Re: Robocalls. Why, Verizon?

Wouldn't know that.  Just going by what I was told.  When I first looked into it, I was told that they supported AT&T.  If they no longer do, I don't know why.  Fact is, June 19, the FCC informed wireless carriers that they were NOT obligated to put through robocalls, which says to me that they know how to detect them.  Otherwise, what would the point be of saying you don't need to connect them?

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

They support AT&T U-Verse, which is not cellular but landline. They also support Verizon Fios, which is ALSO landline.

They do not support AT&T cellular, Sprint cellular, T-Mobile cellular, Verizon cellular or ANY OTHER cellular carrier. Verizon can't be the roadblock to ALL of those other cellular carriers.

I'm not sure who told you they supported AT&T cellular, but the Nomorobo website specifically states they don't support ANY CELLULAR CARRIER.Smiley Happy

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

No carrier not even AT&T wireless supports it. AT&T Uverse does, but not their wireless division.  No wireless carrier for that matter in the USA does. Also the software isn't 100% fool proof. So you'll still get robo calls. It just won the chalet as it did better than their competitors all while in a controlled environment. In the wild I expect the results to be less than controlled.

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Chalet = challenge

I need to proofread.

0 Me gusta

Is this really the point?  The FTC found 3 companies that could detect these robo calls.  Obviously, the technology exists.  Otherwise, the FCC would not have made a ruling specifically addressing carriers' ability to NOT put those calls through. Further, spoofed numbers are easy to detect.  So my question remains, why don't we have the ability to choose whether or not we want to accept robocalls and spoofed numbers on a global basis? 

Re: Robocalls.  Why, Verizon?

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Until the wireless carriers start to implement "nomorobo," there is an app for that.

0 Me gusta

Chismes
Líder Sénior

They didn't they regulate it like everything else to force companies to comply. There is some underlying reason we do not know.

0 Me gusta

SusanSch
Miembro

I notice that Verizon hasn't bothered to reply.  Par for the course.

0 Me gusta

Re: Robocalls.  Why, Verizon?

So, I got another robocall tonight, waking me up from a sound sleep.  Still Verizon hasn't answered as to how we can stop these robocalls, or spoofed calls.  I get at least 2 most days.  Tonight was the first one that woke me up. 

0 Me gusta

LKJjk
Miembro

A few things I have to wonder about:

-   If Verizon does not monitor or respond to posts on this community forum, what is the point of having a community forum on the Verizon website?

-  A few folks have made comments suggesting that people should "be more careful" about who they give out their phone number to.  This is hardly the point.  I have a number that is my business cell phone, and of course I give it out.  But besides that, I have always heard that spoofers make their calls at random, using some kind of random number generator.  Seems reasonable.  It's not like they have a list of potential suckers who write their phone numbers on phone booth walls (...when there were phone booths...).   At the same time, this same contributor indicates that he only gets one spam call per month.  Well, good for you, buddy.  Lucky you.  I get as many as 5 a day.  If you only get one a month, then why are you even following this thread?

-   So Nomorobo does not work with any cellular phone systems or carriers.  Fine.  Understood.  Got it.   But the question still remains, and no one, including Verizon, is addressing it:   Exactly WHY does nomorobo NOT work on cellular phones, and what would it take for it to work?   Verizon's silence on the whole matter is pretty much enough of an answer for me.

-   If anyone else is finally fed up enough to actually do something about this, lets start a "club" and figure out what.  Seems like eventually one just has to take matters into their own hands.   I wonder if T-Modile  might be a little more responsive.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Constructive responses would be most welcome.

0 Me gusta