cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Robocalls. Why, Verizon?

Every discussion on robocalls is locked.  Why?  We still don't have answers, and we still don't have a valid and useful method for stopping these calls.  I am disabled.  I have a voice phone SOLELY for emergencies, as answering a telephone is physically painful to me.  I am on the "Do not Call" list, which I agree is a total joke.  Verizon SEES when a caller is using a spoofed number, yet lets the call through.  Verizon KNOWS when a call is made through an auto dialer, yet lets the call through.  Yes, Verizon makes money on these calls, which is the only reason why they do not stop them.

So, Verizon, why don't you allow us, your users, to make the decision as to whether or not we want to allow spoofed numbers or auto dialed numbers through to our handsets?  You offer us free blocking of 5 numbers.  That does zero good when callers are spoofing, and/or just going to another number to make robo calls.  I use an iPhone with the block call feature.  I have over THREE HUNDRED numbers blocked.  However, I still get 3 to 5 spam calls PER DAY, each one causing me pain to answer. 

What can we do to REALLY stop these calls?  Don't we have a right to privacy?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Robocalls. Why, Verizon?

J1221
Miembro

You can try www.donotcall.gov. it may solve some problems.

View solution in original post

EpEagle12
Miembro

I'm confused... how does any carrier know if an incoming call is a robo call?

0 Me gusta

Re: Robocalls.  Why, Verizon?

Snn5
Líder Sénior

Apple makes an app for that.  Check the iTunes app store.  There are many that can block spoofed numbers, specific numbers, community blacklisted and suspected scam and spam numbers.  Most apps are free.  Check the threads in this community for more.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

I'm more amazed that you get 3-5 "spam" calls/day on your cell phone. I don't even get 1 "spam" call/month on my line.

I would be more careful how you give out your cell #.

And as was listed above, how does Verizon know if an auto-dialer is used, let alone if the call from an auto-dialer is "spam". Technically ALL calls initiated with speed-dial would be considered an auto-dialed phone call, yet whenever I use speed-dial I am not making a "spam" call.

Same way Nomorobo does.  Strangely enough, Verizon won't add it to their service despite MANY users begging for it.

Verizon believes it's because I've had my number for so many years.  And yes, Verizon knows when an auto dialer is used through the same tech Nomorobo does.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

I've had the same cell # for over 22 years and I still would say I get fewer than 1 "spam" call/month.

As to your claim that Verizon won't add Nomorobo to their service, looking on their website the service is not available on ANY wireless carrier.

" Unfortunately, Nomorobo is not available on traditional analog landlines or wireless phones at this time."

Possibly it is not Verizon which is the roadblock to getting this service on cell lines.

Seems that they are, according to Nomorobo anyway...

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor:  I've had mine about the same, and that's the answer Verizon gave me.  I don't give my number out often, and I'm pretty careful about it.  I can't tell you why I get so many spam calls.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

mikkibarry.esq wrote:

Seems that they are, according to Nomorobo anyway...

Why aren't they available on ANY OTHER cellular carrier, then? Verizon blocking those cellular carriers, too???

0 Me gusta