cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Representatives are not aware of Payment Arrangement guidelines!

kk1berger
Miembro

Helpful information that I had to learn the hard way!!

Changing payment arrangements on your account will reflect NEGATIVELY!!

My account consists of several different lines, my daughter/son-in-law and my parents. Each month, I set up a future dated check to pay our monthly bill.  (Just in case someone forgets to make their payment)  After my family  members make their payment, I would cancel the check and pay the remaining balance.

Due to this practice, my account has been placed on a "cash only" status!!  We didn't miss payments, we didn't bounce checks we always made our monthly payment.  At least once a month, I spoke with a representative and NEVER was notified that what I was doing would reflect poorly on my account status.

If ANY other carrier provided coverage where my parents live - I would switch my service today.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Representatives are not aware of Payment Arrangement guidelines!

sprmankalel
Leader

When you say future dated check, do you mean that you call Verizon Wireless and make a payment arrangement to pay on a certain date? Payment arrangements are for those who have difficult time submitting payment in full at once. Seems you'd be better off having the users that are paying send you money through PayPal or Google Wallet and just submitting payment on your own when it is due.

0 Me gusta

pherson
Leader

SO in effect you are the one who made the mistake but you're blaming Verizon? Tell me how this is their fault.

0 Me gusta

kk1berger
Miembro

What I am blaming Verizon for, is not making me aware of the policy. I did not miss any payments or have returned checks. What I did was alter/cancel arrangements after a payment was made.

My goal with this post was to notify others of this policy since the Verizon reps do not tell you.

0 Me gusta

kk1berger
Miembro

The way I made the arrangements was via the app. Using a check for payment and choosing a future date. When the other members on my account made the payment, Ibwould call in to cancel that check.

0 Me gusta

deloused

I've done that a couple times when I needed to change the payment date over the years after setting it up initially online, but I would also cancel the payment on myverizon. I can see why they would prefer that not happening all the time, but it the cash only status does seem odd to impose if you weren't ever past due, atleast without some notification. Did they add any other changes to your bill like returned check fees, or late fees? When you were making the future dated payment arrangements in the app did you also happen to select the promise to pay option? When you called to cancel the check payments how close to the set payment date were you?

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

Your best bet in the future is to just pay the bill and have all users send you money as I suggested in my previous post. I have 7 lines on my account and I collect monies from 4 other people to pay the bill. I manage the payments. That way I know it is done.

0 Me gusta