cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Remove my new ip from the Verizon email blacklist

Miembro

I received an ip address with my new hosting account with A2hosting. The ip address is on the Verizon email blacklist obviously because the previous owner used it maliciously. This is preventing me from sending email to anyone with a verizon.net email address. My hosting company contacted Verizon through the Verizon Residential forum. A moderator then contacted me stating he could help through a private conversation. I received an email from the moderator with a link to the private message. When I tried to login to the forum using the Forum ID I created it said my user didn't exist on the Verizon Residential system and kicked me back to the Verizon Wireless system. (Note: I have an account with Verizon Wireless but not with Verizon Residential (FIOS)) The moderator is on the Verizon Residential system. After attempts to get my Forum user credentials back so I could login it kept telling me the user didn't exist. When I tried to create a new user, it said my email address was already used. There was no way to contact the moderator.

BTW.... the Verizon link to the Whitelist removal form they provide does not work. I filled it out 4 times with only an automated response saying they can't help. No human response.

I then called Verizon. This is where the frustration really gets bad.... I was on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours. After explaining my problem to 8 different Verizon people I finally got a tech they said should be able to take care of my problem. After explaining the issue and having to educate him on Verizon keeping its own email blacklist I was told by him… "there is no help available for this problem".  I told him I never heard this from any company before let alone a company the size of Verizon. I asked if he could escalate this issue to someone who could help. He actually told me he did not know of anyone or any department he could escalate this problem to??????? He basically hung up on me after pushing him a little and not accepting his answer that there was no one he could contact or direct me to????? Obviously there is someone that can solve this problem. I regularly deal with technical people concerning internet and email issues. I have never experienced a company, especially the size of Verizon, with the lack of access to technical support.

Please have someone contact me who can help.

Gracias.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Remove my new ip from the Verizon email blacklist

Líder Sénior

Verizon.net email is handled by Verizon Residential, a separate entity from Verizon Wireless.  The initial contact with Verizon Residential and their forums/moderation was correct.  You would have needed to call veriosn residential tech support, or created a new user on the residential forums (using a different email).  That is probably still your best avenue to resolve this.

Call Verizon RESDIENTIAL support - this forum and community has no connection with the residential side or the verizon.net email system.

Perhaps your hosting company can move you to a different IP address?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

In addition to what SuzyQ wrote, the username created for the Verizon Residential (Fios) forum should also be a community only account especially if your Verizon Wireless Community ID is tied to your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Here is the link to the Verizon Residential forums just in case. Verizon Forums – Welcome to the Verizon Fios® Community

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

To clarify... I did everything you suggested... 1) I created a Verizon Residential forum user ID. When I tried to login it said the user didn't exist. It reverted back to my wireless account. It would not let me set up another user because it said my email was already used. Thus I could not communicate to the moderator that contacted me through the residential forum. 2) I was finally connected with a residential tech after 2 hours and eight different people at Verizon. The tech told me he had no idea how to fix the problem and there was no one he could put me in contact with to help. Really? I have talked with many techs from companies big and small and was never given an answer such as this. There is no one that can help???? 3) I have 30 websites using this ip address. Verizon is the only system that is blocking the emails from this ip. It would be to much work to change the ip. Please re-read my initial post and it is all explained there. I just need someone in tech support that understands the problem and can take care of this. A phone number or email address would be great. I can't understand why it is so hard to find a tech that can help. Frustrating.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Do you remember if you created a community only ID? Are you using the community only ID login screen to access the forum?

As both SuzyQ and I have accounts there too, we both have login under the community only login screen and not the MyVerizon account login option. Did you use the same username there? Either of us could login to see if we can find that username listed as a member.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Yes. I created a Forum only user ID. The login ID I created is JPBERG. When I request a password reset the system returns "the user ID doesn't exist". If I try to create a new user using the same ID, it says "the ID is already used". When I request a user ID, the system returns no user found with this email address…. very confusing.

Thank you for trying to help.

0 Likes