cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Remotely manage phones/phone contacts on 125+ phones

bourgeoism
Miembro

My business has 125 basic flip phones issued to employees. These phones are issued to employees that are always on the go and not specifically in an office, or even use a computer. Landscapers, Carpenters, Electricians, Plumbers, etc. We're currently with Sprint and are unwillingly being forced to find a new provider. As the admin, I manage the contacts of all our phones remotely. I currently log into our account and use what's called Mobile Sync Admin. I update the shared corporate contact list and push the update to every phone. Phones are updated within 30minutes, with no action required by the end user. It's a very effective way to ensure all our account phones have up to date information. This includes general contacts such as HRO, Finance, Customer Service, that do not have cell phones issued to them. For those that have multiple phones on your account, are you able to in any way, manage the contacts of your users remotely? Users are issued work phones for work purposes only, and it's only for verbal communication. As a matter of fact, they are blocked from texting, have no data, no camera, no GPS, no web access, no e-mail. It's WORK only. Finally, users are currently unable to modify the corporate contact list, ensuring a synchronized uniform set of contacts is always on every phone. If/when the phone is swapped from one user to another, we restore to factory default, and upon starting up, the corporate contacts are pushed to the phone. We do not want the information/contacts from the previous user. Employees are always coming/going, so it is imperative to be able to have an updated contact list across our account.

With that said, having the users update the phones is not an option.

Issuing them any type of smart phone is not an option.

Any suggestions/information from anyone that is tasked with managing a large number of devices is greatly appreciated. So far the Verizon Sales rep I've spoke with does not know of anything, but he doesn't work with the phones in that aspect.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Remotely manage phones/phone contacts on 125+ phones

Community Manager
Community Manager

bourgeoism

We are excited to hear of your interest in moving your companies lines over to Verizon Wireless. This is our consumer community forums. We do not specialize in business concerns. I would recommend reaching out to our Business Sales team at (800) 526-3178. They will be more than happy to get the answers you are looking for.

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Re: Remotely manage phones/phone contacts on 125+ phones

bourgeoism
Miembro

I had contacted the business sales team but the gentleman didn’t know the specifics of the online account management. I was informed that he knew I could up update the PTT (Push to talk) contacts, but didn’t know, or didn’t think it was possible for any other non PTT contacts. Thus why I was posting the question to the wireless community.

I’ll try giving the number a call.

0 Me gusta