cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Redeeming your hard earned reward points

MARWOO59
Miembro

I been with Verizon for quite sometime, have been a timely & loyal customer.  I voiced my frustration with the rewards program in terms of cashing in on my rewards points. I feel its not in a customers best interest to have to use our own money when redeeming for certain products.  For example, why would I use 5,000 points, pay $450 to get $50 off a $500 gift card.  It makes no sense & I refuse to spend my hard earned money to use reward points that I accumulated over a long period of time (over 200k points). Our voices need to be heard in terms of this topic.  I called on multiple occasions, emailed, even went on Twitter and my questions and concerns has gone unnoticed.  Now, I turn to the Verizon community to try to be heard.  No other reward program operates like Verizon.  I'm seriously thinking about canceling my service.  What's your thoughts? 

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Redeeming your hard earned reward points

ss1185
Miembro

Agreed. The points redemption program is not really a benefit. The only point in time I remember it actually being beneficial is when you could redeem like 50 or 60k points in exchange for an extra GB of data. But that was well over a year ago since it was offered and they have not had that deal since.

Boomrshine2
Miembro

Agree, as well. Verizon Smart Rewards are not very "smart".

It seems near impossible to win any of the auctions. And where do people get all of their points? The current bid on the "Sweet Apple Setup - $3,197 Value" is 990,000 points. I've been a Verizon customer for nearly 12 years, with as many as five smart phones on my plan, and only have around 211,000 points.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

MARWOO59 wrote:

Now, I turn to the Verizon community to try to be heard. No other reward program operates like Verizon. I'm seriously thinking about canceling my service. What's your thoughts?

My thoughts are that the rewards program is a free program. It cost nothing to be a member. It is a relatively new program. You don't have to participate. I look at it once every couple of months just for kicks to see why some people are so up in arms over it. Haven't seen a valid reason yet to make me mad about it. Have thought about purchasing some GCs for items I intend to purchase anyway but haven't actually done so. Not something I would consider being important enough to switch providers.

Boomrshine2
Miembro

Here is an example where it would be foolish to use Smart Rewards to purchase a product from Verizon.

From Verizon, you can use 800 points and purchase an Amazon Kindle Fire 7-inch 8GB with Special Offers + Leather Cover por $65.99.

From Amazon, you can purchase an Amazon Kindle Fire 7-inch 8GB with Special Offers for $49.99, plus the same Leather Cover for $15.99, for a total of $65.98.

So, you can use 800 points to pay $0.01 more. Very "smart".

0 Me gusta

MARWOO59
Miembro

rcschnoor

It cost nothing to be in a rewards program with other companies like Discover, Alliant Credit Union or Capital One, and you can use your reward points for statement credits, gift cards, merchandise or even have the company cut a check and send it to you all without having to you use your own money. It's a flawed program and needs to be tweaked. Boomrshine2 makes a great point with not getting a decent value for the points you redeem. Sstt185 also makes a valid point in terms of redemption program is not really a benefit.

0 Me gusta

MARWOO59
Miembro

Exactly, totally flawed process and not a very smart way to maximize your return on investment. 

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Nowhere did I say it was a "good" program. My point was since it cost nothing to belong, you are not losing anything to do so. You also do not lose anything to NOT participate. If you don't like it, ignore it. What are you losing?

As to a good value for points you redeem, it cost you NOTHING to accrue those points. I recently purchased a pair of shoes from Zappos for $200. I COULD have purchased 2 x $100 GC from Verizon rewards program @ $90 each for a total of $180. That would have saved me $20 off the purchase of those shoes. While it is not a GREAT discount, it would have cost me NOTHING to pay only $180 for those shoes instead of the $200 I DID pay. While it is not the BEST discount in the world, I don't see how it is a BAD value.

Acrillix

I can agree to a certain point. The Smart Rewards Program definitely isn't the best program available. But you lose literally nothing by ignoring it. I have so many points, but no reason to cash them. I choose to ignore it. It shouldn't be something that you are willing to disconnect over. That's just stupid.

0 Me gusta

sprmankalel
Leader

MARWOO59 wrote:

I been with Verizon for quite sometime, have been a timely & loyal customer. I voiced my frustration with the rewards program in terms of cashing in on my rewards points. I feel its not in a customers best interest to have to use our own money when redeeming for certain products. For example, why would I use 5,000 points, pay $450 to get $50 off a $500 gift card. It makes no sense & I refuse to spend my hard earned money to use reward points that I accumulated over a long period of time (over 200k points). Our voices need to be heard in terms of this topic. I called on multiple occasions, emailed, even went on Twitter and my questions and concerns has gone unnoticed. Now, I turn to the Verizon community to try to be heard. No other reward program operates like Verizon. I'm seriously thinking about canceling my service. What's your thoughts?

Wait....you expect to pay your bill for a service that you choose and then the company turn around and give you $500 for free? If they did that with all of their customers they'd be out of business faster than Trump can say "My ties are made in China".

What did you do when you were a customer BEFORE the rewards program?

The whole program is arbitrary. It means nothing. You don't have to subscribe to a special program to get points. You don't pay to be part of the program. If you ask me, it all makes no sense. I have my service. I like my service. I expect nothing more than what I am paying for each month.

0 Me gusta