cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

Received calls from local numbers; people say they hadn't called me

Miembro

I received 3 calls from 2 local numbers on my cell from numbers that I didn't recognize. I called them back because I thought maybe I had missed something important. 

I got normal, honest sounding people. I read them the numbers that were on my caller ID and they were theirs. However, they said they had not made ANY calls that morning, and certainly had not called me. 

I did a software update after this. I don't know if that will do anything.

Do I need to worry that somehow my phone is hacked? Again, nobody is saying they received calls from me. I am receiving calls from strangers who say they did not call me or make any calls.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Received calls from local numbers; people say they hadn't called me

Expert

Their numbers were spoofed, most likely by telemarketers. There's not much you can do about it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Expert

Their numbers were spoofed, most likely by telemarketers. There's not much you can do about it. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Miembro

Thank you Ann154. So, you think it is just a coincidence that I received them on the same morning?

Gracias.

0 Likes

Expert

Not really. Some people receive multiple spam calls each day. 

If your phone has the option, I would suggest that you turn on the spam filter. 

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

ConnieY1, we can understand how alarming it can be to receive several phone calls from local numbers and even more alarming when the person you call back advises that they did not call you. Caller ID Spoofing is when a caller deliberately falsifies the information transmitted to your caller ID display to disguise their identity. 

Please follow this link https://bit.ly/32okrO6 and click on Spoofing for more details. 

0 Likes

Novice

Yes just a coincidence.   I get multiple calls every day from local legit numbers that are spam because they spoof the number.  Heck my own number has even called me.  This has been going on for several years with the spoofing, surprised it hasn't happened to you before this. 

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

Nobody dislikes those calls more than I do. I'm sorry you've had this experience. While we can't stop them all, we can stop the obvious ones. Take a look at this link for more information. https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ - Carter

0 Likes

Its call spoofing which not much is being done about 

0 Likes