cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Real Cost of Adding a tablet to my individual plan?

SASB
Miembro

Hello and Happy New Year!

There are 18 days left in the billing cycle and I've only used 0.24 of 2.0GB. I don't use much data on my phone (HTC One M8) itself because the screen and type is too small.

I’d like to get an iPad or some type tablet and add this to my Verizon account.

I have an “individual” plan and am under contract until November 2016.

I feel that I should be able to add a tablet for just $the $10 cost of adding a device, but last time I inquired, I think the Verizon rep told me that it would cost an additional $30 per month to add a tablet to my plan.

I don’t see why it is an additional $30 in addition to the data plan that I already pay for, and I want to be able to use the data that I already pay for on the tablet since I don’t use the data on my phone

It seems that each Verizon rep I speak with gives a different answer.

Can anyone tell me exactly what it would cost to add a tablet to this plan.?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Real Cost of Adding a tablet to my individual plan?

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

SASB wrote:

I just can't see why Verizon charges $30 in addition to the cost of the data plan that I already pay for.

It's because you are on an older plan, and data on the old plans is not "shareable".  Each line (phone and tablet are separate lines) have their own data bucket.  It may be better to switch to the Verizon plan with a data bucket of  3 GB for $45, then add your phone ($40 as it is still under contract) and the tablet ($10) and share the data.  If you are not going to use the 3 GB, you can get 1 GB for $30, shared between the two devices.

View solution in original post

fernandobot

$10 cost would be if you were on the More Everything or Verizon plans (shared plans)

$30 if you are on a single line plan

I'd suggest just using the mobile hotspot feature instead to save money on activation charge and monthly costs

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

The cost of adding a tablet would depend on what plan you currently have. Whether or not you can share the data also depends on your plan.

What plan do you have? Do you have a single line tiered data plan or a 2 GB shared data plan?

0 Me gusta

SASB
Miembro

Thanks.   I have a single line data plan with 2GB.  Under contract until 11/2016.

0 Me gusta

SASB
Miembro

Hello and thanks for your reply.

I assume that when you suggest hot spot that you are referring to just using the tablet with wi-fi only.

I can do that at home with my wi-fi.

The issue was that I wanted to be able to use the 2GB data that I am already paying for.  I can't use that data on my phone because the screen/type is just too small to read, and too small to do email.

I just can't see why Verizon charges $30 in addition to the cost of the data plan that I already pay for.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Good evening, SASB. The 2GB plan your phone is on is meant for just one device, that's why it can't be shared with your tablet unless you use the Mobile Hotspot. I hope this clears things up.

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

SASB wrote:

It's because you are on an older plan, and data on the old plans is not "shareable".  Each line (phone and tablet are separate lines) have their own data bucket.  It may be better to switch to the Verizon plan with a data bucket of  3 GB for $45, then add your phone ($40 as it is still under contract) and the tablet ($10) and share the data.  If you are not going to use the 3 GB, you can get 1 GB for $30, shared between the two devices.

View solution in original post

fernandobot

are you on the 2GB plan with Unlimited Talk & Text for $60?

0 Me gusta

SASB
Miembro

And I'll be switching to the NEW verizon plan from my current individual line.

0 Me gusta