cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Prepaid to Postpaid while keeping number

Miembro

Simple as that, I currently have a prepaid plan which now I want to "upgrade" to a postpaid plan, problem is I wish to retain my current cellphone number but I don't see how to do so, as the web page keeps crashing, I want to acquire a new cellphone as well, but at the process of check out the ability to transfer the number is not available, at least for me.

All help would be greatly appreciate it.

Labels (1)
Pestañas (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Prepaid to Postpaid while keeping number

Líder Sénior

Yes a credit check must be ran to switch. There is no way around it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Same is happening to me. I can't even post questions. Do you know if your can change from prepaid to contract without a credit check after one year of service?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

If i'm informed correctly all customers have to go through a credit check if they want to change to a postpaid plan. No exceptions. Don't take my word on that, hopefully someone else can answer it here. If not I can post your question as a new thread of discussion.

HNY!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Yes a credit check must be ran to switch. There is no way around it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

You have to contact customer Care to get the process going.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

The problem with prepaid. Anyone could be using it for the whole year or longer. T-Mobile does Credit checks and after 1 year of on time payments you end up qualifying for their cheapest payment options. If you go without their credit check option you lose a lot of features and the ability to do EIP for example.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Asistencia al cliente

alschultzlwss, we are here to answer your questions. How long have you been with Prepaid? Are you wanting to keep your current device as well or get a new one?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have had prepaid with the same # for roughly 5yrs in my name. Last year I added my husband's # to the prepaid account to make it a family plan. Now 2 weeks ago we upgraded to postpaid and got brand new phones in his name and we were told we could migrate our prepaid #'s over. But when I try to port the #s over it tells me I have an existing installment agreement and can't transfer the #s. I call Verizon and because my name isn't on the postpaid account they can't help me. So if the prepaid is in m name and postpaid in my husband's can we port our #s still? My prepaid # is linked to so many accounts and some of which will not allow me to use the temp # to access my account and I'm losing so much information. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I also have prepaid Verizon for several years, wife too, kids have straight talk phones.  2e want to do a regular family plan with contract.  Credit check not a prob, wife and I just want to get family new phones and keep our current numbers.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes