cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Postpaid Service Without Credit Check

Miembro

Last week I activated the Do More Unlimited plan on Verizon. Since I was bringing my own phone, I (somewhat surprisingly!) had the option to activate service without a credit check. I did however have to provide my SS# and was asked a few multiple choice questions concerning mortgage payment , year home was purchased, etc. It seemed like a "soft pull" on my credit but I was assured that no hard inquiry had taken place. I was then congratulated and informed that I would be able to purchase devices on a device payment plan. After registering on My Verizon, I got the message that my account is not eligible for device payment and I need to pay full retail price for my phone if I want to upgrade. Online chat hasn't been helpful. One person said flatly that postpaid accounts always require a credit check. Mine didn't. Another suggested I'd have to cancel the account and set up another one authorizing a credit check in the process. Anyone know why they would tell me at sign up that I can use a device payment plan and then a week later not be eligible?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Postpaid Service Without Credit Check

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, jplum16! Verifying the status of your eligibility is vital, and we would be more than happy to help you. We are including the direct number to our Verification Department, this way we can better assist you. (800-225-5499) 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Postpaid Service Without Credit Check

Miembro

Hi Rachel, That's a direct line to the Verizon Sales Dept. I'm not yet ready to upgrade my phone. I do want to find out why I'm not eligible for a device payment plan when I was told I was during the online signup process. At some point later this year I will want to upgrade and I want to have the options I was told I would have. ¡Gracias!

0 Likes