cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Porting number to another carrier

Taraist
Miembro

My question previously was about branching lines off of my account onto a new account for my co-worker.  The AOL showed that she needed a big deposit to start her own here at VW. So she is going to another carrier instead.  She would like to keep the same number.  So my question this time is:

If she does keep the number, and I allow it to be ported over to her new carrier....can I tell VW to assign a new number to that line so I am not charged for an early termination fee?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (4)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Porting number to another carrier

Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Taraist,

Good morning. I am sorry to learn you will need to cancel lines on your account. Ensuring you know all of your options is important. I'll be happy to provide clarification.

I understand she does not wish to pay the security deposit to start service in her name. She does have the ability to port the numbers to another carrier as long as you authorize the port. However, if the lines are still in contract, you will be billed an early termination fee per line that is ported out and under contract. Unfortunately, since she did not assume liability of the lines, we would not be able to bill her for an early termination fee. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Gracias,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Taraist,

Good morning. I am sorry to learn you will need to cancel lines on your account. Ensuring you know all of your options is important. I'll be happy to provide clarification.

I understand she does not wish to pay the security deposit to start service in her name. She does have the ability to port the numbers to another carrier as long as you authorize the port. However, if the lines are still in contract, you will be billed an early termination fee per line that is ported out and under contract. Unfortunately, since she did not assume liability of the lines, we would not be able to bill her for an early termination fee. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Gracias,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

SydneyK

As stated, you will be billed the ETF. Considering your co-worker's credit isn't good, you might want to get that money up front before you allow porting.

Highlighted

Taraist
Miembro

Thank you both for the response, I will let her know she needs to go another route then instead.