cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Please help...Verizon is charging more than I was told. ¿Qué más puedo hacer?

Miembro

Our income has been greatly reduced.  When in the store for my son, a salesperson suggested we get an Android as they were only $1.00 plus $10.00 per month.  As I only have a flip phone, I debated it for a day (even though it's only $10 we're trying to cut down our bills, not increase) and decided it would be great to have internet access on the road and a backup for our desktop. 

Partway through the process we were informed of the Set Up and Go and the upfront tax, coming to about $25.  I accepted that, signed the pad, and got the tablet (which is great so far...I do appreciate it.)  The next day I saw a $40 Activation Fee, which I was NOT told about.  I chatted online with a rep (no help), and then went back to the store the next day.  The manager admitted he had neglected to tell me about the $40 (one-time) charge, and placed two phone calls without success in getting anything refunded.  He apologized nicely, but this has happened to us before in years gone by - unfortunately not often enough that I would remember to ask about it.  However, that should be Verizon's job to inform the customer!  They kind of made it sound like I should have remembered the charge...if I had, it would have influenced my decision.

Is there anything else I can do?  I would even accept a Verizon gift card.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Please help...Verizon is charging more than I was told. ¿Qué más puedo hacer?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Lindajs, thank you for taking the time to explain the situation at hand to us. I know that getting all the necessary information before making a decision is a key part of getting a service. What we can do for you is submit feedback on the store location if you'd like, if you know the name of your sales associate and address of the store to ensure that your situation is lifted up to ensure this does not happen again. As you have done all the correct steps in getting more information as the activation fee. However at this time, the fee's are non-refundable but we can submit feedback on the store.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Please help...Verizon is charging more than I was told. ¿Qué más puedo hacer?

Líder Sénior

The activation charge "should have" been in the agreement you signed at  the store.  Also, keep in mind that the tablet uses data, so if you have no data plan, or a very small one (you say you have a basic flip phone) then be careful of any data overages if the tablet uses a cellular signal.  (Use wifi when possible)

0 Likes