cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Phones mysteriously using a lot of data in the last week of ebery bill?

KATPET21
Miembro

This has been happening for several billing cycles and we are starting to think something fishy is going on. Every time we receive our warning for using 75% of our data (usually about a week and a half before our cycle ends), our phones mysteriously use a lot more data by the end of the cycle. This time it was within 3 days of the 75% Mark that we're already at 90%, and we don't use our phones any more than normal. I have an LG V10, and my boyfriend has the new Galaxy. We are on the 12Gig plan. And when we are at home we use our Wi-Fi, but still our phones are using data when connected to that shomehow. We are getting fed up and looking to switch to another carrier if this keeps up. I switched to Verizon because it was surprisingly cheaper than their biggest competitor, who I was using at the time. When I was with the other company my phone only used about 3 gigs of Data a month and at the time I didn't have Wi-Fi at home...something just doesn't seem right about Verizon. Any advice??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Phones mysteriously using a lot of data in the last week of ebery bill?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Staying ahead of your data is essential, KATPET21.  I know that getting alerts for data use can be alarming. We certainly don't want to lose you as a customer. Based on the usage patterns that you have given us, it actually sounds like data is being used at the same rate throughout the entire month. However, the difference is that the 75% alert and the 90% alert are only 15% away from one another, which in comparison to data amounts, is not a huge gap in data. On a 12GB plan, 75% of data is 9GB where 15% of 12GB is only 1.8GB. So when you are at the 75% alert, 1.8GB can be used fairly quickly to reach that 90% alert. Also, please keep in mind that the data tracking can be up to 90 minutes delayed, so you may get an alert for data usage while you are connected to Wi-Fi, for data that was used earlier in the day.

I also want to check on a couple of features on your devices. On the Galaxy device, there's a feature called Smart Switch. This feature allows the phone to switch between Wi-Fi and Cellular data automatically, depending on which is faster. This can sometimes result in unexpected data use. This feature can be found in Settings> Wi-Fi> Click "More" on top right> click "advanced"> make sure Smart Network Switch is turned off.
On the LGV10, it's in the same place, except it is a check box that says "Avoid bad Wi-Fi connections". Please make sure both of these is off.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

KATPET21
Miembro

Oops, I meant EVERY week, my phone's auto correct never works!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

KATPET21, we appreciate your loyalty and want to make sure your data usage is being calculated correctly. We can take a look at your usage for you. Please understand that usage can take up to 48 hours to show in the system. It depends on how it is being used. I will send you a private message, so that we can take a closer look at this for you.

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Staying ahead of your data is essential, KATPET21.  I know that getting alerts for data use can be alarming. We certainly don't want to lose you as a customer. Based on the usage patterns that you have given us, it actually sounds like data is being used at the same rate throughout the entire month. However, the difference is that the 75% alert and the 90% alert are only 15% away from one another, which in comparison to data amounts, is not a huge gap in data. On a 12GB plan, 75% of data is 9GB where 15% of 12GB is only 1.8GB. So when you are at the 75% alert, 1.8GB can be used fairly quickly to reach that 90% alert. Also, please keep in mind that the data tracking can be up to 90 minutes delayed, so you may get an alert for data usage while you are connected to Wi-Fi, for data that was used earlier in the day.

I also want to check on a couple of features on your devices. On the Galaxy device, there's a feature called Smart Switch. This feature allows the phone to switch between Wi-Fi and Cellular data automatically, depending on which is faster. This can sometimes result in unexpected data use. This feature can be found in Settings> Wi-Fi> Click "More" on top right> click "advanced"> make sure Smart Network Switch is turned off.
On the LGV10, it's in the same place, except it is a check box that says "Avoid bad Wi-Fi connections". Please make sure both of these is off.

LeoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

The phone tells you what apps are using data.  That is where you need to start to figure it out. Is their a month,y backup happening?  These alway are explainable, you just need to investigate what is using up the data.