cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Phone isn't compatible with Verizon.

Miembro

I bought a Redmi Note 3 Pro and i can't use it on verizon's network. I researched it before hand and I'm told that it is compatible. Also, i asked Verizon before i bought it and they said it would work to. What do i do?

Labels (1)
Pestañas (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Phone isn't compatible with Verizon.

Líder Sénior
  • Networking: 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz; 3G WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • 4G FDD LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28/ ( 2100/1900/ 1800/ 1700/ 850/ 2600/ 900/ 800/ 700MHz);  TD-LTE  B40 (2300MHZ)

This is from specs of the international version - it is not compatible with Verizon for the same reasons I stated above

WCDMA does not equal CDMA !!!!

WCDMA is GSM terms for HSPA and HSPA+, it has nothing to do with Verizon's and Sprint's CDMA and is not interchangeable.

As stated, the phone you bought is not compatible with Verizon at all. It will not work.

It has no CDMA

It has no band 13 LTE

Difference Between CDMA and WCDMA | Difference Between

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 5.5 Inch FHD 3GB 32GB Smartphone

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Expert

What gave you the idea that it was compatible? From these specifications Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 3GB/32GB Dual SIM Gray | xiaomi-mi.com those phones are definitely not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Agree with Ann.  3 second look at the specs and you can tell it is not compatible. 

No CDMA

No band 13 LTE

what research told you it is? 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Make sure you're looking at the global version.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior
  • Networking: 2G GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz; 3G WCDMA: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
  • 4G FDD LTE B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20/28/ ( 2100/1900/ 1800/ 1700/ 850/ 2600/ 900/ 800/ 700MHz);  TD-LTE  B40 (2300MHZ)

This is from specs of the international version - it is not compatible with Verizon for the same reasons I stated above

WCDMA does not equal CDMA !!!!

WCDMA is GSM terms for HSPA and HSPA+, it has nothing to do with Verizon's and Sprint's CDMA and is not interchangeable.

As stated, the phone you bought is not compatible with Verizon at all. It will not work.

It has no CDMA

It has no band 13 LTE

Difference Between CDMA and WCDMA | Difference Between

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 5.5 Inch FHD 3GB 32GB Smartphone

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

This version won't work with LTE in the US.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (MediaTek) - Full phone specifications

This version may have LTE on ATT an T-mo

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - Full phone specifications

Just to keep it simple for you.  The rest of the world uses GSM, Verizon is CDMA.  WCDMA/HSPA is a GSM tech and is not workable on Verizon.  We can list on two hands the number of NON Verizon branded phones that have CDMA bands and can work on the Network. 

Including many generations of Nexus phones Moto pure and oddly enough the ATT version of the iPhone 6s/6s plus.  And the new Pixel. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Primer...

What's the difference between GSM, CDMA, TDMA, EVDO, UMTS and HSPA(+)? - Knowledge Base - SureCall -...

0 Likes

Leader

There is even a link that shows if you can bring a device over on Verizon's webpage.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Some manufacturers are opting to forgo CDMA certification altogether and only release GSM versions of their devices. Most notably are Microsoft and HP. This is why the Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950XL and Elite x3 can be used on at&t and T-Mobile, but, not on Verizon Wireless, Sprint and US Cellular.

At some point, Verizon Wireless's traffic will migrate off of CDMA. Until then, phone specs must show CDMA, EVDO and LTE band 13 in order to access Verizon Wireless and other CDMA based networks.

Highlighted

Miembro

I have the new Blu phone. I can do everything but text. How do I get texting to work?

0 Likes