cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Overcharged Data

Jittasgirl73
Miembro

We use wifi 75% of the time we use our phones.  But we are charged this bill WAY over in data charges.  I am beginning to get suspicious, especially after reading I'm not the only one who has this issue.  I am seeing data spikes in the middle of the night.  Even if someone is awake, we have wifi and are using our satellite internet at home.  Why are you still charging us data usage when we are using the satellite service we pay for in addition to this?  And furthermore, other companies set a flat fee and offer unlimited.  They seem to be able to keep their lights on at work so it seems like Verizon can as well.  All this "shared plan" stuff is a joke and we are having to eat data charges.  My husband was laid off in January and we are on my income only.  I can't afford a $500.00 bill because Verizon is greedy and overcharges us on data when we aren't using much.  Explain!

Labels (1)

Re: Overcharged Data

webdevsd
Miembro

Has there been a solution to this?  Lately I have been turning wifi off altogether when I leave the house.  I watched football on one of my apps while connected to wifi.  My girlfriend was also connected to wifi, as were both of my apple computers.  I have the latest iphone. Wi-Fi Assist is off.  I was charged for all of the usage during that period and my bill was $45.00 over the normal $96.00.  I called customer service and spoke to Scott, a supervisor.  He indicated that it might be a problem with my phone or the internet.  They credited me $25.00 but implied that I am to blame.  This happened to me last month as well.  I have been with Verizon since I have owned a phone. (almost 20 years).  I can't afford to pay them $146.00 per month and am locked into this contract.   Has this happened to anyone else?  ¿Alguna sugerencia? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are here to help. I know that any unexpected data usage can come as a bit of a shock when the bill comes. We want to make sure that all of this is sorted out for you. Have you taken a look at the data utilization tool? This helps identify exactly what is using your data exactly. Here is a link to the utilization tool: https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fmyaccount.verizonwi...

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

FitzyChick
Miembro

Are you using an iPhone by any chance?    I'm having the same problem with my son's iPhone 6s plus.   I did a little research and the iPhone is known for this problem... It leaks and bleeds data.   I'm still trying to find a solution.   I've turned off the "icloud"... They said it could be that.   It's NOT.   I've turned data off for every app except the phone and then turned ALL off when the kid is home and overnight.   STILL leaking data,  whatever that means.   Our Wi-Fi is great,  but even when no one is using the phone.... It showed we used over 3 gbs of data,  2 days ago.   Impossible... The phone sat right in front of me.... I'm perplexed!   If anyone has any other suggestions... I'm open to them.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

Have you checked to see which apps are using all of that data? Possibly you should delete and reinstall those apps. Go into the settings on those apps to see if there is anything to set to minimize data. If an app is using data at an unusual rate, I would surely reconsider using that app. It is not Verizon's fault if a rogue app chooses to use an inordinate amount of data.

0 Me gusta

HAMM10214
Miembro

I have had the same Data woes and was basically forced to go to a Medium plan because I had reached my limit 2 weeks into my cycle, I had NEVER EVER used one GB.  Here is an interesting read Hundreds of Verizon customers are battling data over-limit fees: Money Matters | cleveland.com

0 Me gusta

FitzyChick
Miembro

Thank you... I will try doing that.   Unfortunately,  I don't think it will help.   The only apps using data are Facebook,  YouTube,  Instagram,  the phone naturally, occasionally Pokémon Go,  when we go out... And rarely Skype & FaceTime.   95% of the data used was even we were home,  on a strong WiFi connection.   It never should have gone to data.   Someone else suggested that my son turns the data back on the moment he leaves my sight,  which could very well be true.... But since the noticeable issue,  I've done my own investigating,  and it occurs even when I've had physical possession of the phone.... So unless I was Sleep Skyping or Fugue FaceBooking,  that ain't it... Lol!

0 Me gusta

Weth
Líder Sénior

Facebook, YouTube, Instagram can use gobs of data.

Are you sure you are reading the data logs correctly. Remember, the time is not the time the data was used but only a start of a session and the data can be used between that time and the next time listed. Data use is often delayed by 6 hours (occasionally longer if on a roaming tower).

Example data log

9:35 AM           5 KB

5:45 AM       768 KB

9:56 PM           7 KB

In this example log, the data at 5:45 AM was not used at 5:45 AM nor was it used overnight while you were sleeping. It was used between 5:45 AM and 9:35 AM on the way and before school for example. Make sure you are reading the logs correctly. It is very likely the data is being used on the phone.

0 Me gusta

trish911
Miembro

November 5, 2019  Have the same Question, cut my MIFI account on today for first time in Month that starts November 3rd  Downloaded  2 files and made DVD ISO images of them using 4.0 GB Formatted disks using Roxio   Windows 8.1 64 bit which ended up being 3.5 GB and then did a download  of Windows 8.1 English from same site only in 32 Bit format. This D/L is only 1.5 GB  Halfway between my download I got an ALERT on my cell phone saying my MIFI  had only 10% worth of High Speed data on my account??? HUH?  why? is going on at Verizon? You are LYING about the amount of DATA being used.  I know for a fact I could NOT use MORE then 8 GB of DATA because my DVDS  couldn't hold more data when Formatted !!!   I am a Business user and my business computer is ONLY device  that can be hooked to my device because the settings are limited to one. I immediately Logged on to my account to tall with a Representative about this I spoke with Kendall today about 7PM EST  . He could NOT resolve the issue either. ; Nor did he tell me ALL of you  "Other users" in the community are also being affected.  WONDER if VERIZON is Boosting what thgey tell us the data rates are to make us MORE INCLINED to BUY their DATA BOOST  PACKAGE for $35.  I wonder if we are being SCAMMED???  Think I will contact some people I know at WAPO and CNET to do a story and and a Data evaluation of their services.   Something seriously is NOT right here if I only doloaded 2 Files that could only hold 8.0 GB yet they send me an alert saying I have used 13.65 GB of data...  I also have an UNLIMTED DATA account with another CARRIER as a BACK UP  .  I never go over the Limit there  Am a Business user an do nothing but TAX webinars, email with clients and  TAX forms to IRS on my Business Computer. Something is Fishy around here..

WoodinVirginia 

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Managing data usage on your account is of vital importance, and we definitely understand your concerns, trish911. We know just how important this is to you, especially considering that you're a business owner. I assure you that we're in the best disposition to help .

I want to make sure that we're on the same page and would like to gather some more details. To be sure, did you just activate your MiFi device today, or did you activate it on November 3rd? The reason we ask is that if the device was activated on 11/3, then it's possible that there may have been delayed usage on your account. Additionally, any automatic device updates on the MiFi device or any of the programs you were running, could have been using background data. That being said, we definitely don't want to make any assumptions, and would love to review your account. This way, we can provide more information as to the amount of data used and the times it was used. However, please bear in mind that if you have a business account. You can reach the Business team by calling 800-922-0204 Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM Eastern Time. You will need to call from one of your business lines or you can enter in one of your business phone numbers when prompted. Does this information help?

LauraF_VZW

0 Me gusta