cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Odd Two-Factor Authentication today

jav6

Tried to sign in this morning using my normal desktop browser and was presented with a Two-Factor authentication request.  My choices were text to my phone or email.  Chose phone and the My Verizon app popped up on my phone (no text message with PIN).  I had to log in to my account on the app and ACCEPT a one-time login to my account by 'someone' (me).  Hitting ACCEPT then communicated from the app to my desktop browser and allowed my login to proceed.  I had never seen this before and hadn't activated a Two-Factor authentication on my account that I knew of.  I signed out and tried again with the same result.  I changed browsers and same result.

I decided to call Tech Support, 800-922-0204, to have them check and see what was going on.  Got Tristan, who had me confirm that I hadn't changed Internet providers recently, had my PC up to date, used multiple browsers with same issue, etc.  He insisted it was working as designed but couldn't determine why I was being prompted for the Two-Factor authentication or why I wasn't just sent an SMS text message instead of communication to the My Verizon app.  He insisted it was not a Verizon issue, but something wrong with my PC.  I asked him to escalate to the next level support and he said he was the highest level support.  I told him I was recording my phone call for my reference and he said Verizon didn't allow their phone calls to be recorded and would have to hang up the call.  Fabuloso.

I logged in (after the Two-Factor again) on my PC and went to my Profile Settings to look at my Enhanced Authentication settings.  The Require Enhanced Authentication had buttons for ON and OFF.  Neither were checked.  I checked OFF, but the SAVE button wouldn't work. After backing out, going back in, checking it again, logging off/on, rechecking it,  finally the OFF button stayed checked.  Voila! the odd Two-Factor authentication was OFF and I was no longer had to go thru that one-time authorization via the My Verizon app.  I'm not sure how this all came about, but Tech Support apparently didn't check my account to see if I had Enhanced Authentication ON or OFF or NEITHER.  Apparently, NEITHER means ON to their system.

If anyone else experiences this, check your Enhanced Authentication settings.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Me gusta

Re: Odd Two-Factor Authentication today

Community Manager
Community Manager

Keeping your information safe and secure is something that is on all of our minds. As we mentioned, the computer would need to be registered to your account for this unknown to actually log in with just your user name or password. Verizon Wireless give you the option of Registering your computer or choosing not to. Without that registration, the party logging in would need to answer your security question to proceed with that sign in. Should your computer be registered to My Verizon and you wish to unregistered the computer, simply clear the Verizon cookies and you will find that the computer is unregistered. Going forward, you would want to ensure that you do not select the check mark for the Register this Device, when logged into the website. Was there anything additional that we might assist with?

MariaV_VZW

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

jav6

@vzw_customer_support, @mariav_vzw When did the Two-Factor Authentication change from a simple SMS text message to using the My Verizon app for a 'one time login acceptance'?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager
Excellent question! Our security policy may vary at any time for the protection of our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience, and keep in mind that our intention is to protect the security of your account.

MariaV_VZW

0 Me gusta

why does the text for the two factor authentication reflect a Turkey Country Code - +90?

0 Me gusta