cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

No service after porting

LazyJoeJr_
Miembro

Hola Folks,

I ported my number from Sprint to Verizon, but now I don't have service (I have reception, but am unable to make calls or send/receive texts). I've already received the text message stating the port is complete, and checking the port status on the Verizon website confirms this.

I've tried power toggling the phone, doing a hard reset, leaving it off for a while, turning it on for a while, connecting to wifi, removing and replacing the SIM card, and contacting support via live chat. They were unable to help with the issue, and suggest I call to speak to someone higher up (but I can't make calls!).

Does anyone have any idea of something else I could try? If all else fails, I will contact them as soon as possible with another phone. I'm just trying to get my service back as quickly as possible.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (5)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: No service after porting

LazyJoeJr_
Miembro

Thanks Elector,

This was one of the steps that I tried when trouble shooting the issue. I had no success with it.

However, I was able to get my phone back in a working state! What I did was turn off iMessage and Facetime,  then reset the network settings (I tried this previously also, with no luck). This re-enabled the LTE on my phone, but I was still unable to receive texts and calls. I reset the phone again, and that did the trick to enable the full functionality.

Thanks again for everyone help!

View solution in original post

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

I don't know what type of device you are using so no one can troubleshoot the issue.

Are you a prepaid or postpaid customer?

You have not given much information.

Transfiere tu número telefónico - Cambia a Verizon Wireless

Asistencia móvil de Verizon

Good Luck

0 Me gusta

LazyJoeJr_
Miembro

Hola Elector,

Sorry I didn't mention my device in the initial post. It is an iPhone 6 Plus running the latest version of iOS (8.0.2). I am a 'postpaid' customer.

Let me know if there is any other information you think may be useful.

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

Ok maybe a stupid question by me, but you are using a Verizon iPhone 6 and not a Sprint one?

0 Me gusta

LazyJoeJr_
Miembro

Yes, it was an iPhone purchased directly from Verizon and contains the Verizon SIM card. I should also mention that it worked fine before the number port.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for all this information, let's take a look and see if there are any other issues possibly holding things back. LazyJoeJr, when you have a moment, please accept my Follow request, and Follow me back. Once done, please send us a DM so we may help look things over.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

LazyJoeJr_
Miembro

Hola Nicandro,

Can you point me in the direction of where I would find this Follow request? I can't seem to find it.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

The Follow request will be in your forum inbox, i.e., use the drop-down next to your user name at the top of the screen to select Inbox & Activity.  Then on the left-hand side of the screen, click Inbox.

Here's how to Direct Message:

How To: Direct Message

LazyJoeJr_
Miembro

Thanks Tiki,

I checked the inbox, but I only have notices that people have replied to this thread. Perhaps Nicandro hasn't sent it yet...

0 Me gusta

tikibar1
Líder Sénior

Hopefully you'll hear from nicandron_vzw soon.  And BTW ... the Follow requests in your inbox show up as Connection Updates.