cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

New customer. Weird emails from Verizon. Not sure what to do.

tweettweettweet
Miembro

I'm a new customer. I had no connection at all with Verizon before yesterday.

First email: Yesterday afternoon I got an email that appears to be from VZWMail@ecrmemail.verizonwireless.com. It was sent to a gmail address that I use only in case I get locked out of my main email account. I never tell anyone about this email address. (It's not a secret; I just don't use it when I order stuff or register on a web site.) The subject of the email was "Important Information About Your Verizon Login". It thanked me for my Verizon registration, and included the text "View changed details for wireless number ending in 8225". It's timestamped "Sat, May 30, 2015 at 2:11 PM". The "mailed by" part of the email header says "gmail.com".

I didn't notice this email in my In Box.

Yesterday evening, I started shopping for a phone. This isn't a typo. I started shopping about 5 hours after the timestamp in that first email.

I ordered a phone and a plan, and got an order confirmation, which I printed while I was still on the Verizon web site.

Second email: This also appears to be from VZWMail@ecrmemail.verizonwireless.com, but the "mailed by" says "ecrmemail.verizonwireless.com". The subject is "Your Verizon Wireless Order Confirmation". This has my order number, "bill to" address, "ship to" address, etc. This is the first email I actually saw. I created a filter, intending to label all the emails from Verizon as "Verizon". Creating the filter labelled and drew my attention to the earlier email ("First" email). I eventually ended up talking to the fraud department, and they locked the "My Verizon" account in "First email".

Third email: IMPORTANT ACCOUNT INFORMATION FROM VERIZON WIRELESS. Got it about an hour ago. It appears to be from "eAccountNotify@verizonwireless.com", and "mailed by" is "verizonwireless.com". It refers to "Your Verizon Wireless online account - Account Number ending with - xxxx-xxxxx". It also says " Thank you for updating your email address on your account: ", followed by my normal email address. (Not the gmail address in "First email").

I didn't update anything. I can't update anything. I don't have a phone number yet, I don't have an account number that I know of (no account number on the printed order confirmation), I don't have a user id. I had to create a community account to post this question. "Third email" has a link I could click to confirm my email address. There's no way in hell I'm clicking that.

Finally, my question: What in the world is going on here?

And finally finally, a shout out to the customer support, account service, and fraud department people I talked to yesterday. They were courteous and professional, but just as confused as I was.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: New customer. Weird emails from Verizon. Not sure what to do.

Community Manager
Community Manager

tweettweettweet,

That would definitely concern me too. Those emails definitely are strange. Does any of the information in these emails seem to match your information? Did you sign up for service through our web site? Did you use this email address or a different one when signing up?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Re: New customer. Weird emails from Verizon. Not sure what to do.

tweettweettweet
Miembro

Does any of the information in these emails seem to match your information? Did you sign up for service through our web site? Did you use this email address or a different one when signing up?

"First email" matched only my gmail account (like MyName@gmail.com). I didn't create a login, and I don't have a number that ends with 8225. I do not use this email address to sign up for anything. Never. I never tell anyone about it.

"Second email" matches everything. I'd expect that--that's my order. I signed up for service through your web site. I used my "normal" email address. (It uses my own domain name, like MyName@MyOwnDomain.com.)

"Third email" matches "normal" email address. (Same as in "second email".) I don't know what my account number might be, so I don't know whether that matches. I didn't update my email address. I can't; I didn't have an online account with Verizon (that I know of) until I created this community account to ask this question.

0 Me gusta