cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

New Device Purchase Upgrade Fee a Rip-Off

Miembro

After touting that no upgrade fees were one of the advantages of the new Device Payment plan, Verizon has begun charging a $20 upgrade fee for any new phones purchased through the Device Payment Plan or purchased at full retail price.  This is clearly a blatant method of extracting a new revenue stream ... just because they can.  Why should they charge an upgrade fee for a phone purchased at full retail price, and not even financed through them?  I, for one, will not be buying my iPhone through Verizon. It's a matter of principle.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: New Device Purchase Upgrade Fee a Rip-Off

Community Manager
Community Manager

Darlinsk, you are correct that we trumpeted the zero upgrade fee when using Device Payment. Since this, we have introduced a number of incentives that allow for an annual upgrade on multiple devices including the iPhone 6s and Samsung S7 (http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2015/09/iphone-6s-verizons-new-annual-upgrade-plan.html) We bring our upgrade fee to its current price based on operational costs related to these upgrade options that have changed.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

David,

Perhaps I could buy that for a phone purchased with a device payment plan, but NOT for a phone purchased at full retail price, with no installments.  Verizon is doing it because their competitors get away with it.  Simple y llanamente.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We bring our upgrade fee to its current price based on operational costs related to these upgrade options that have changed.

On a phone bought at full price that I take out a SIM card from my old phone and put it into my new phone there is no way you can say it costs $20 in operations costs to Verizon to do that. Sorry, pass this up your corporate ladder, this decision to charge this on full priced phones cannot be hidden behind costs and is nothing but a money grab. This is a decision by your upper management that I will continue to state is a very ill advised decision and should be reversed. This is a decision that definitely prompts even the most sane of us to ask, "Why, again, am I a Verizon customer - to pay the privilege to buy a full priced retail phone??????" That is very hard to swallow. Very hard.

Highlighted

Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Darlinsk, you are correct that we trumpeted the zero upgrade fee when using Device Payment. Since this, we have introduced a number of incentives that allow for an annual upgrade on multiple devices including the iPhone 6s and Samsung S7 (http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/article/2015/09/iphone-6s-verizons-new-annual-upgrade-plan.html) We bring our upgrade fee to its current price based on operational costs related to these upgrade options that have changed.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

If there is an operational cost for allowing people to upgrade annually on the iPhone and the Galaxy, THEN LET THEM PAY FOR IT. Why should I have to pay for it?

Better yet, make it a special club that any one can join, if you pay $20 this time you can bring the phone back in a year and get the new one. Don't pass that cost on to customers who want to pay off their device and keep it.

RIDICULOUS!