cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

My plan was changed without my consent.

AJ1001
Miembro

I have been a Verizon customer for many years. I have remained with Verizon for its excellent national coverage and superior customer service.

However, I just endured a profoundly disappointing experience with two of your employees at your location in Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452. It has shaken my confidence in your company.

On Thursday, October 22, 2015, I visited the Virginia Beach location and asked Anniette [removed] to switch me from my current MORE Everything Plan to the New Verizon plan. I showed her the offer I printed out from my account at VerizonWireless.com. (See attached.) This offer included a $20/month line access fee per line.

Anniette confirmed that she could make this change and that I would garner the savings as published. I also asked Anniette to add a second line for my wife. Anniette confirmed that the additional line would be added for an additional $20/month, as published.

Anniette then told me I could purchase two new iPhones (both iPhone 6 models) — one for me and one for my wife — for $99.99 if I paid upfront or for $22.91/month for 24 months.

However, at no time, nor in any way, did Anniette indicate that opting to pay upfront for the two phones would change the terms of the new rate plan from $20/month for line access to $40/month for line access. I was to learn this two days later.

On Saturday, October 24, 2015, I received notice via U.S. Mail from VerizonWireless (see attached) showing that my monthly line access fee for each line was $40, and not the $20 per line that Anniette assured me I would pay according to the hard copy of the offer I brought with me to the VerizonWireless location.

I returned to the store on Tuesday, October 27, to resolve this discrepancy. I brought the hard copy of the previous VerizonWireless offer with me. When I asked Anniette about the discrepancy and showed her the offer from VerizonWireless.com, she did not deny the details of our previous transaction as I recounted them. In fact, Anniette barely said a word because she was standing in front of her manager, Sean [removed]. When I asked Sean to explain the discrepancy, he told me “You didn't read the fine print on the website.”

Prior to commencing this transaction, I did everything I could to insure a successful, undisputed outcome. The original transaction on Thursday was extensive, including the change to my rate plan, adding my wife to my plan, activating two phones and installing two screen protectors. Throughout this process, I sought – and gained – repeated reassurances from Anniette regarding the cost of the phones and my monthly service. I practiced due diligence by bringing with me a hard copy of the offer I printed out from my account at VerizonWireless.com. In short, I did everything possible to make sure I knew what I was getting.

To be clear, this was not a “miscommunication” or a “misunderstanding.” Please don’t assume that was the case, nor offer that as an excuse or apology. I was simply never told that the terms I had requested, agreed to, and was assured I was getting by a VerizonWireless employee – in person – were not what VerizonWireless would deliver. The change in terms was never disclosed by VerizonWireless nor agreed to by me.

Customers should not be required to “read the fine print” when a VerizonWireless employee tells them, in person, what the terms will be. And VerizonWireless should be bound by the terms their employees offer, as paid representatives of the company.

As a result of this experience with two employees of VerizonWireless, I am – for the first time – a very disappointed and disillusioned VerizonWireless customer. I never agreed to pay $40/month per line access, nor should I be expected to do so now.

However, you have the opportunity to resolve this matter to my satisfaction and restore my faith in your company. I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity. I’m disappointed that your employee, Sean [removed], did not resolve this matter at his level, instead of compelling me to pursue it further.

I look forward to your response. Until then, I remain,

Alan

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: My plan was changed without my consent.

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

You have 14 days to return your phones and cancel the contract.

Verizon advertises the price for service only.  Phones are extra cost.

Your options were to buy the new phones for $99 down, but with an increased line fee, or no money down, but a $22.91 a month loan payment.

The math:

22.91 X 24 months = $549.84

O

$20 X 24 months plus $99 = $579.00

So the first option would have saved you $30

THe phones are NOT free.  Know the retail price as that is what you will pay on time.

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

whyme1966

Read  you previous bills.  Your line fee has ALWAYS been $40 a month.   You have been receiving a discount for being out of contract.   You entered a contract for a discounted phone, so you lose the out of contract discount on the line.

DId you not understand why you got a discount in the first place?  After all, If you had a contract before, you had to call and ask for the discount when your contract expired.

One way or another, all customers must pay for their phones.

Highlighted

whyme1966
Miembro

I never called to ask for a discount. The discount was offered while on the phone with Verizon trying to replace the phone for the 3rd time within a 4 month period because it would just freeze and stop working. Still would be paying $600 for phone over 2 year period vs.$1200, that is hardly not paying for the phone.

Even so, I am only asking to pay monthly, but now I have to pay $350 ETF in order to have monthly payment?

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

whyme1966 wrote:

I never called to ask for a discount. The discount was offered while on the phone with Verizon trying to replace the phone for the 3rd time within a 4 month period because it would just freeze and stop working. Still would be paying $600 for phone over 2 year period vs.$1200, that is hardly not paying for the phone.

Even so, I am only asking to pay monthly, but now I have to pay $350 ETF in order to have monthly payment?

This is not correct. You only have to pay $350 ETF if you terminate your service by going to another provider. You cannot pay Early Termination Fee if you don't TERMINATE your service. You will not get the out of contract discount until your fulfill your 2 yr contract.

whyme1966
Miembro

I was told on the phone last night by Verizon that in order to get out of the now 2 year contract that was activated November 13th 2015 and go back to month to month is by paying a $350 early termination fee to get out of contract. They will then set up a new line service and import the same phone number and start my new month to month plan with the discounted line access fee

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

NO.  You will lose your number.

0 Me gusta

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

I have never heard of this being the case, but I suppose you could give it a try.

It is one thing to be told this over the phone, it is another thing to have it actually come to pass. I have found that the way reps on the phone interpret VZW policies is not always the correct interpretation. Good luck.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

BTW, the discount I was referring to , WAS, the $25 per month on your line.  Look at your previous bills, if will show a $40 line fee less $25 discount. 

Your plan, is still the same.  This was the ENTIRE premise of the More Everything plan with

Edge purchase agreement -vs- using a 2 year contract.

WHen you terminate service , your number goes into the pool and can't be reused for 60 days.

Any one who tells you different did so to get you off the phone.

0 Me gusta