cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

My existing lease was written off when I added a line

Miembro

I'm hoping someone can give me some insight because I've spent about five hours on the telephone and three hours in the store playing tag with employees who keep redirecting me to another department. I signed up about eight months ago and added another line a month or two in. My boyfriend recently lost his phone and we saw online that our account was available for upgrade, but when I would go to upgrade it, only cash payment was available. I was confused and went down to the Verizon store. My account apparently got seperated from the original (???) when adding the second line and they wrote off the first two phones that I had just signed a lease on. I have no idea why this write off occured because I didn't ask for it and I have been paying my bill. My phone numbers haven't changed and I have never tried to dispute the lease payment that I originally signed for. Now Verizon is trying to redirect me to a Collections agency (Convergent) saying I owe the debt on the two phones when I thought I had been making payments on my bill every month. They had stopped billing me for two of the three leases on the bill and now want my credit to take a hit for it when I was never informed that adding a line would cancel my existing lease. I'm very confused and a Verizon employee was just as confused as I was as we sat down in a store and tried to figure it out. He played phone tag with numerous departments, even using two different lines at once and calling Convergent. I gave them permission to speak to him on my behalf and they told him the application number did not exist, which is when he told me it was probably a glitch in the system and an error on their part because I had been keeping up to date on my bill. I left the store and decided to call on my own to try and get it sorted after spending three hours there trying to figure it out. Now the Recovery Department keeps redirecting me to the Collections agency saying it's "out of their hands" because they have mailed me letters with the first accounts balance, when I didn't ask for the account to be written off in the first place. I log in online and see my bill, and pay it. I don't open letters when I keep up to date on my bills. Since my service isn't shut off I assumed everything was good with Verizon? I even got them to admit that it was whoever transferred the account over's fault because they didn't transfer over the existing lease...I just don't know why I'm being held accountable for what sounds like a system glitch and when I call Convergent they have no idea what's going on, either. I'm not paying the balance owed on the two phone lines when I never agreed to pay it all at once and agreed on monthly installments. I can't afford that and my credit certainly can't either, I agreed to a two year lease...this is extremely frustrating for me as a customer who thought they were doing well keeping myself up to date on my bills. If someone could provide me some insight on the next steps to take I'd be extremely thankful. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: My existing lease was written off when I added a line

Miembro
Spoiler
Please do not call me to "help" me through this situation, just to have me spend half an hour explaining the situation YET AGAIN and to be put on hold, and again being told that I need to talk to the Recovery Department, who I have explained my frustration to numerous times and to be told again that it is "out of your hands" at this point. There is nothing in your fine print that warns that adding a line to an existing contract will negate an existing lease. I understand there isn't anything the Recovery Department wants to do but it is ABSURD to hold me accountable for an employee mistake. They should have transferred the leases over, and I'm sorry that I didn't see the "secondary" bill that you've been sending me because I assumed that by paying my bill I was keeping myself up to date with Verizon. This is honestly the worst consumer experience I have ever had and I will be switching ASAP. If you're going to send someone else to call me make sure they're not wasting more of my time and can actually help me fix this problem instead of increasing my frustrations by trying to send me into more circles of phone tag. 
0 Likes