cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: My Verizon App Spam Notifications

Asistencia al cliente

I was unable to locate an option to disable these offers. By agreeing to use our mobile application, you may receive notifications periodically. I truly hope this helps. BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

"By agreeing to use our mobile application, you may receive notifications periodically." That is self-evident by the very nature of this thread. Yes, we know the application produces notifications (marketing, two-factor authentication challenge response tokens for logging into a customer portal, etc.), thanks for confirming what we already know about the application.

What would help is having the application developers introduce an option or category to disable the marketing advertisements.

I would suggest taking into consideration the user experience when developing mobile applications and giving users the ability to tailor their advertising experience so that users can choose to opt-out from receiving advertisements, but still receive other notifications such as the two-factor authentication challenge response token.

I'll just uninstall the application and be sure to give the app the lowest rating on the Google Play store review.

Thanks Verizon!

Highlighted

Miembro

I couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed in this thread. It is incredibly shady to force users to enable push notifications to receive critical two-factor authentication prompts, then use the same vector to spam ads that are beyond useless. It's a bait and switch, which is illegal. While Verizon tries to promote an image of caring about customers, it's actions like these that will ensure people never believe it.

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

I understand your concern over the unwanted notifications and I want to figure out the best path forward, swissless. We are happy to lift up your feedback. While you may receive certain messages on the My Verizon app as you agree to accept certain communication when using the app, you can adjust your marketing preferences here: http://spr.ly/6603Gjc13 Alternately, as advised and detailed earlier in the thread, you can turn off notifications within the app.  Does this help out? 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Hi Ryan, I appreciate the reply, but this does not help at all. I visited the screens mentioned in the page you linked and confirmed that everything is disabled. I am very thorough about disabling/unsubscribing from all unwanted marketing I possibly can, so I'm sure these have been disabled for a long time.

The suggestion of turning off push notifications is an extremely poor solution. The only way to use the My Verizon app for two-factor authentication, which is critical for cell phone accounts in this age of SIM swap attacks, is to have push notifications enabled. With this answer, you're making customers choose between critical account security and unsolicited, unwanted spam. Without the app, two-factor authentication must use email, which is less convenient and arguably less secure.

I am not a member of Verizon Up nor any other marketing program offered by Verizon. We should be able to secure our accounts with two-factor authentication via the My Verizon app without being subjected to unsolicited spam.

0 Likes