cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My Maxx 2 keeps receiving double text messages

Miembro

For the past few weeks, my Maxx 2 continues to receive double texts. When my data is off and I'm not connected to WiFi, it works fine. But, as soon as I connect to WiFi, I get backlogged messages, all duplicates. I've tried restarting my phone but nothing has changed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: My Maxx 2 keeps receiving double text messages

Verizon Employee

We want to be sure your messaging is working the way it should dthomsabino. Let's see what we need to do to get this issue resolved. What messaging app are you using on your device? Were there any changes to the device around the time the issue began such as new apps, app updates, or software updates?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I'm currently using the Messaging+ App on my phone. And no, I don't believe

there were any updates that have caused this problem.

On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, rashadm_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

What phone do you have?  Which app is set as the default texting app?  Ensure it is Verizon Messages+, and then disable the native texting app on the phone so only one app is actually receiving the messages.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I have a Droid Maxx 2 and my default messaging app is Verizon Messages+. I

disabled the original app but I'm still receiving double texts.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee
DTHOMSABINO

I appreciate the additional information. When you get the double texts, are they both from Messages + or is one of them from Messages + and a second from another application?

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

They're both from Messages+.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

DTHOMSABINO,

Copy that, thanks. Is this issue with all contacts? If you are to send out a message, is the contact receiving a single or double message? What zip code are you located in?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

No. When I send out texts, they only receive a single message from me. And

my zip code is 37830.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Double the messages can cause a lot of confusion, especially with many messages a day. When did you first start noticing the issue? As it's happening while on wifi, is it happening on multiple wifi network?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes