Highlighted

Mobile hotspot speed

Lukw64n
Miembro

I and many other Verizon customers live in an area without any high speed data options so why is unlimited gig hotspot not available?  I have tried satalite and the ping rate is so slow that streaming  not realistic.

We need at least 60 gigs of high speed per month and are willing to pay for it so why not?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Mobile hotspot speed

Ann154
Power User

Have you considered selecting a connected device plan for a dedicated mobile broadband device? Connected Device Plans | Verizon Wireless

Most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Lukw64n
Miembro

The connected device still has limits well below my needs.  20GB of high speed is as much as is currently offered by Verizon and the speed is definitely metered the moment I reach my 15GB (Beyond Unlimited) limit each month so I am looking for feedback from Verizon as to why a much higher limit is not available to customers who have no other options.  I am willing to  consider anything including other carriers but as I stated in my first post I have tried satellite and it does not work for streaming video.  It is worse than metered cellular.

Ann154
Power User

The connected device plans have options up to 40 GB per month as they are tiered plans and not tied to a hotspot data usage limitation.

The Above Unlimited Plan has a higher hotspot high speed limit before speed restrictions start.

Most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I understand that you and the rest of the people living in that area that do not have high speed data options, want and need a plan that best suits your usage needs, Lukw64n. We value your business and don't want you leaving us. We can definitely help review all the plan options we have available.

As you mentioned, with our Unlimited plans, you have Unlimited mobile hotspot with your phone. With the Go Unlimited plan you have unlimited data with speeds of up to 600Kbps.

With the Beyond Unlimited plan you get 4G speeds for the first 15GB of mobile hotspot, and on the Above Unlimited plan you get 20GB of 4G speeds.  Any usage with the mobile hotspot after these amounts on the Beyond and Above Unlimited plans, you will have speeds of up to 600Kbps.  

We are always looking to improve our plans to better meet our customer's needs. Our customer's feedback is much appreciated, and is definitely taken into consideration on all future improvements.

What Unlimited plan are you on? If you are on the Beyond or Above Unlimited Plan, you can purchase Data Boost for the Mobile Hotspot. For $35 you will receive an additional 5GB of 4G speeds of data for the mobile hotspot. You can purchase up to 20GB of Data Boost in the bill cycle per line. That would be 4 Data Boost at $35 each ($140 total). Puedes visitar http://spr.ly/6583ERxhP for complete details on how the Data Boost works. 

Have you considered adding a Jetpack pack to your account and placing it on a data only plan? We have data only plans that offer up to 100GB of 4G speeds. Is this something that you may be interested in? If so, you can visit http://spr.ly/6584ERxhu and scroll down to the "Connected Devices Only Plan" section to view all the available plans we offer. 

Does this help?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

STARPERCH
Miembro

People in rural areas with no other access to internet need to have AFFORDABLE access to highspeed internet !!  I have the unlimited plan but go over my 15GB on my hotspot almost every month.  It is a joke that Verizon thinks that this is a truly unlimited plan.    There is nothing I can do on the internet at 600Kbps.   It is worse than dial up.  And charging us another $35 for only 5GB seams unreasonable to me.     Please Verizon help us country folk out.   We deserve highspeed unlimited access too.

0 Me gusta

STARPERCH
Miembro

I too, have been a Verizon customer for close to 20 years.  I have never used any other carrier.  It would be nice to see some return loyalty from Verizon.   

0 Me gusta

Lukw64n
Miembro

This does not help.  I already know about all of the options you listed and there are limits to all of them.

•   Beyond unlimited is 4g to 15Gb which is what I have and I get throttled down usually by day  12 of the month so for the rest of the month I am stilling paying the high speed price but only getting dial up speed.

•   Above unlimited adds 5Gb for $20 per month which is straight up price gouging!

•   A dedicated data device would be great until you consider the ridicules pricing for still limited data.  $150 for 40Gb?  (I would pay $150 if it was unlimited Gb’s at 4g speed).

•   Purchasing boost data at the rate of $35 per 5Gb and still being limited to only 20Gb is the most insulting price gouging of all!!

It is becoming common knowledge that the perception of congestion is make believe marketing by the carriers for the purpose of monetizing data quantity rather than speed.  DSL and cable monetize speed which is what I want.  Unlimited Gb’s at 4g speed.  The upsell can be 5g speed rather than Gb’s.  I am not happy about being threated like a junkie who will pay any ridicules price because you think I am addicted to it.  I am not, I just want access to the same service everyone in the cities has and cellular happens to be my only option now and in the foreseeable future.

Gracias,

Ted [removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We understand the need to have fast data speeds in your area. I would be concerned with paying for service and getting slower speeds as well. While we do understand that your area does not offer internet in your area we do not have an option for an increased hotspot service amount. With this being a hotspot service it is not intended to be a service that you use everyday as your main data source. I can understand that your area does not have internet service providers in your area, but we can only provide 15GB of hotspot data at this time. The good news is that you can add the additional amount of hotspot data for $35 as you mentioned earlier. Also, if you have other devices on your account you can also use the hotspot feature on those devices as well. Does this make sense?

JasperM_VZW 

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

Lukw64n
Miembro

OR and the point of this thread, is Verizon can begin to offer a unlimited Gb's at 4g speed hotspot plan for customers who have no other option to use as primary internet access.  The plan could be set up so it is only available if you can prove there is no Cable or DSL available at your address.