cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Message+ Contact Sync

dschaefer
Miembro

I'm using Messages+ on my Droid Turbo, my Galaxy Tablet and my Windows 10 laptop. 

I store all my contacts in my Gmail account. No phone contacts.

On the phone and tablet I get contacts in Message+ but I get none on my laptop.

I've set contacts to sync in the Verizon Cloud app to try to fix this but it does not sync any contacts.

How do I get the contacts to show up on Message+ on my laptop?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Message+ Contact Sync

dschaefer
Miembro

Well, I went in and double checked my settings when replying to the above post.  Contacts were set to sync, but I noticed an area for email that was blank.  I went in there and chose my main gmail account and now my gmail contacts are syncing and they are visible on the windows app.

It seems that it won't sync unless you chose an account.  It'd be good for the app to let you know that.

0 Me gusta

A1TechGuy
Miembro

Are you using the actual app? I haven't figured out a way to get the contacts to show up in the app. I just removed it and installed the desktop version, which does display my contacts. It also seems to crash less than the app.

0 Me gusta

dschaefer
Miembro

I'm not sure what you mean.  I have the Android app on my phone and tablet and the Windows desktop program on my laptop.  Contacts sync between my phone and tablet just fine (probably because both are linked to my Gmail contacts), but do not show up on my laptop.

0 Me gusta

A1TechGuy
Miembro

Well, there's a Message+ app for Windows 8 and up, and then there's the desktop program. For me, the contacts that I synced to the verizon cloud show up when using the desktop program, but they do not when I use the native Windows Store app.

0 Me gusta

dschaefer
Miembro

I see.  I'm using Windows 10 and I downloaded the desktop application from the Verizon website, not the Windows app store.

From what I've read here, contacts are supposed to sync via the Verizon Cloud app on the phone.  I have that set to backup my contacts, but it doesn't back them up.  Therefore, none show up on the desktop app.

0 Me gusta

A1TechGuy
Miembro

Do you see them if you go to the web app? https://web.vma.vzw.com/vma/web2/Message.do

If they aren't there, then there is a menu item that says "Manage Contacts" which takes you to the verizon cloud. In Verizon Cloud's contact management part, there is a button on the top right-hand side that lets you import a csv file. I think that's what I had to do when I first got message+ working on my computer.

0 Me gusta

dschaefer
Miembro

Nope.  But, importing a CSV is not the same as syncing.  Yes, It'll solve the problem for now, but every time I add a new contact or update an existing one I'd need to upload a new CSV file.

I guess I'll either have to live with it or go back to an app like Mighty Text.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

I know how important it is to have you contacts, dschaefer. When you downloaded the application for your laptop did you input your number? Or did you sign in with your user name and password from online?

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

dschaefer
Miembro

I followed the prompts after installation.  I think I entered my cell number then received a confirmation code via text which I entered in the desktop app.  I don't think I singed in with a username and PW.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

dschaefer,

Thank you for the additional information. Let's ensure we are on the same page, when you add the new contact are you able to see it update online?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta