cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Loyal Customer, Promised a Discount, Absolutely no follow up / follow through.

Gramje
Miembro

Good day,

My name is Graham and I have been a loyal customer with Verizon for almost 8 years now. This dates back a few months ago. I called to ask why the hell I am paying so much when they are encouraging everyone else to join Verizon for their new unbelievable deal; I have never been mean or rude to them on the phone. I was promised a 15% loyalty discount on each line. And here's where it starts....

Month 1:

Was told I am eligible for a loyalty discount up to 15% each line. The result was actually about 10-14 dollars off my total bill. Which I was satisfied about.

Month 2: Bill went back up.. Called and spoke to someone again. She said that she would apply another discount and look into the matter. I personally asked her to pull the tapes of the call because I was promised something and they are accountable for that. She explained that she would escalate this to her superior and re assured me I would get a call back... FYI I listen to recordings at work almost every day.... It's not that fucking hard to pull a tape.

Month 3: No follow up call nothing. No tapes pulled, no confirmation and of course, bill back up. I called and asked if they "had pulled the tapes which they said they would do so I could receive the discount I was promised; error or not, one of your employee's said I am eligible, they applied it and then it went away. If you can issue me this credit now then you need to issue it for good just as you promised. Once you check the fucking tape..." -mini rant.

So I called back and stayed genuine and polite as usual and this time the conclusion was: We cannot issue you any more credits. You may want to look at reducing your data or your plan as we do not offer this discount... Again still no tapes pulled.

Month 4: I am writing this now because I am appalled at how a "loyal and perfect paying customer" gets treated.... I was even told on the phone that I am a high rated customer for payments and ease of business. So, there it is... I won't call them back... Chances are I will cancel soon. Hopefully they read this. If not there goes the next 40 years or so of my business, as I would have stayed if my 14 dollar fucking minuscule discount would have been applied by a multi-million dollar business... It's not the money that matters here... It's the principal. I don't give a fuck about an extra 14 dollars... I give a huge fuck about respect, sticking to your word and following up by pulling the damn tapes; especially when you have a loyal customer inquiring politely.

just a quick example: my bill is roughly 150-160$ a month. Calculate that by 12. Multiply that by 40 or greater as when I find a good company I stay for life.

155$ / Mo

12 Months - 1,860$

Multiply by 40 years *if you suspect Verizon would be in business that long.*

That's a potential loss of 74,400$ just in monthly charges.... Excluding the phone and accessory bills I've racked up in just 8 years.... Any CEO with a brain would not want to lose that residual income from a happy customer...     

Think about it Verizon. Before I find your 1 up with customer service. Also, this new 300 dollars to come home to you? That's what triggered my rage on this issue. You're drawing people in to come home when you can't even take care of your own kind?

Kind regards,

Graham

Labels (1)

Re: Loyal Customer, Promised a Discount, Absolutely no follow up / follow through.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Graham,

We would not want to lose you as a loyal customer.  We do appreciate your loyalty and it saddens me to reach that your expectations have not been met.  I am determine to turn things around.  I will follow up with a private  message to better assist.

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Loyal Customer, Promised a Discount, Absolutely no follow up / follow through.

moorex5
Miembro

I am very frustrated with customer service they always promise you something but in the end nothing ever changes.  I would keep fighting as I have been a loyal customer since this company was airtouch (before verizon) I don't get a thing and I have 5 lines!!! I agree with their $300 to come over what about your TRUE LONG TIME customers???? Thinking about switching carriers got 2 lines that have 8 months left on contract.

Verizon you should be ashamed!!!!!!

Hope you get the credit you deserve Graham!!!

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Gramje

WHen you signed up for service, you agreed to certain terms and prices and signed a contract good for 2 years.  If your lines are out of contract, then you are on a month to month agreement.

If you don't like the prices, you can go to another carrier, but your current agreement doesn't allow you to just ask for a lower price forever and get it. 

ANd 8 years doesn't get you special privileges. I was with Verizon for 17 years.  Others have been with Verizon for 20+.

IF they pass out deals by seniority, you still get nothing.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

moorex5

IF you haven't switched carriers in 2+ years you don't know it's expensive to switch.   It requires all new phones and all carriers bill the first two months in advance.  add $40 per line activation fees and the first bill is HUGE.  $300 is a drop in the bucket.  It doesn't pay for even one Phone.

t-mobile and sprint will buy out your contract.  If you don't think Verizon is worth it, time to go.

sprmankalel
Leader

mama23dogs, The agreement does not cover pricing. This is why we can change our price/data plan anytime. I had 12GB for $120 then when the 30GB plan became available for $130 I took it. The reverse it true. If I have plan that is $100 and then VZW drops it to $90 I can do that. This will never be done automatically by Verizon but you can change your plan anytime. The only limit is that you can not change it more than 3 times in a billing cycle.

Gramje, I found at least 5 instances in your original post where the words appeared as ****s. I believe that the forum software does this to block words that should not be used. I find it hard to believe that you remained as cheery as you would like us to think you did when talking to people on the phone. I can offer this suggestion. Give up trying to get whatever percent of discount per line you're looking for. No such thing exists. The only per line discount that applies is on More Everything for smartphone lines out of contract. This discount would be $25 off if you are on 6GB or higher ME plan. $15 otherwise. Basic phones on ME are $20, contract or not. I would highly recommend that you log onto your account and learn the 3 month average of overall data usage and how may lines you have and, of that, how many are smartphones, basic phones, tablets and jetpacks. Then which ones are out of contract. Then compare your usage to the ME plans available and do the math to see where you can save money. I am hopeful that you can. If you need assistance with that, we are here to help so all you have to do is provide the information that I suggested that you learn and we can help the best we can. You should also tell us your current plan. We know that you are frustrated but you should refrain from using prohibited language in your posts. I am also including the last paragraph from the customer agreement that you signed for your reference.

Este acuerdo y los documentos que incorpora constituyen el acuerdo completo entre usted y nosotros. Usted no puede basarse en ningún otro documento o declaración sobre dichos asuntos vertida por los representantes de ventas o Servicio al Cliente, y no tiene otros derechos con respecto al Servicio o a este acuerdo. Este acuerdo no es en beneficio de ningún tercero, excepto nuestras compañías matrices, afiliadas, subsidiarias, agentes, predecesores y sucesores participantes. Excepto que lo hayamos acordado de otra manera en este Acuerdo, este Acuerdo y las disputas contempladas en el mismo se rigen por las leyes federales y estatales que comprenda el código de área asignado a tu número de teléfono móvil cuando aceptaste este Acuerdo, independientemente de la regulación sobre conflicto de leyes de dicho estado.

The agreement can be read in its entirety at Acuerdo con el cliente | Verizon Wireless.

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

@sprmankalel

Correct, I should have been more specific.  The line fee on a 2 year contract is fixed at $40 For the duration of the contract.  Device payments are also agreed upon, but the customer can pay off a device in full.

Data can be changed, but at currently offered prices only.

I Fail to understand why any one customer deserves special treatment.  Except service people, and Verizon does give military and veteran discounts.

0 Me gusta

Khines5705

Just not on a 2yr contract, single line plan. Has to be a More Everything Plan. They consider the single line plan to be an already discounted loyalty plan. Which is dumb.

sprmankalel
Leader

When you look at the single line plan 2GB for $75 to the ME 2GB at $40 plus $40 for the access the $5 doesn't seem like a huge discount but it is still a discount. This is not a loyalty plan as it is available to all customers. The bigger savings was when the ME 2GB was $50 which would have made a single line plan on 2GB $90. Now take into account the average 18% employer discount. On the old $50 plan you're still not at $75 but on the new plan it is $72.50. So there really is a plan for everyone.

0 Me gusta

Khines5705

I'm on single line plan 1gb for $60. The ME 1gb plan would be $65, meaning that after applying a military discount of 15% on the $40 line access portion would bring it to $59. Saving me a grand total of $1 a month. I like to pinch pennies, but I will pass on this because I'm afraid if I were to make that switch just to save a buck something would go wrong. Murphy's law. So I just leave well enough alone.