cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Long Time Customers do we matter?

Miembro

Sometimes we may need to go to a Verizon store to get a loyalty deal.  I called the local Verizon store today to ask about a new battery for a phone that's kind of outdated.  They don't have a battery in the store for a phone that old, but the representative informed me of loyalty deals that are specific to the specific account.  He offered a phone that usually has a $10 month payment for $5 month or one that usually has a $15 payment for $10 month.   He said there are several other offers.  He asked us to come to the store so he could explain the different available options for our account.  We are considering taking him up on the offer and visiting the store.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Sounds like the guy at the store was more helpful to you as well.  Unfortunately the person I spoke with at my store couldn't authorize anything.  Said all deals are for new customers only but to call customer serive.  I told him I already did was told the same thing, that 'if I'm not a new customer no real deals are available' when I asked about a $100 loyalty upgrade credit that I was promised I could use when ready to upgrade, I was told 'that was then, they were not going to honor it now'. Then, when I reluctantly decided to just pay the retail price and forgoe arguing about the loyalty credit promised me, they wouldn't even do a simple thing as waiving the activation fee, and the number has been activated with them for over 20 years.

So to answer your question Do Long Time Customers Matter?  No, they don't. Because as of now Verizon gets more new customers coming in then they have long time customers going out and until that changes don't expect to matter to them.

Highlighted

Miembro

I agree with everything I have read.  Just as many of you, I have been a customer with four lines for 16+ years.  While I am not looking for BOGO, what has pushed me over the edge is that I was looking to upgrade and I do not want to pay the $40 activation fee.  The representative I chatted with gave the song and dance and stated that this was the cost associated with changing phones.  I don't buy it since it was half this price just a few years ago.  I will be leaving Verizon with all four of my lines now due to the fact that they are not willing to waive the activation fee for a long time customer with multiple lines.  The $40 should not be an issue to them given my monthly bill that is paid.

Highlighted

Miembro

Sorry to hear you also are in the group of long time loyal customer,, thus of no value.

On another thread with a similar topic I recieved the below response from a Verizon Community Manager in regards to my post about "I'm paying the full retail.....at least waive the activation fee".

......................... "llr1, we appreciate your loyalty and want to be sure you save as much as possible, especially when upgrading. We are always changing our promotions and if you upgrade online, you can save $20.00 on the Upgrade Fee ($40.00 when upgrading with a representative)..... StevenM_VZW"

Now, I don't know if Verizon really does appreciate my loyalty or not (they surely do not show it) but then they say they want to be sure I save as much as possible when I upgrade.  Now surely they couldn't be refering to helping me save on the phone as the most I was told they can help me save is $0. But, maybe that is what they meant, I got the maximum savings ($0) for being a current loyal customer. But, maybe they meant my maximum savings was that I could go online and still save $0 on the phone but save $20 of the activiation fee, which of course is availble also to new customers who go online as well. Either way it is not any discount for appreciation of long term loyalty as the Verizon rep was trying to imply.

Now the rep that I spoke to in the store told me he couldn't help me save on anything (I apologize, I mean he helped me get the maximum savings of $0 for the phone) after laughing also mentioned about going online for the activation discount, but he couldn't do that same discount because I'm already in the store. So my only option as a 'no value' long term loyal customer was to leave and order the phone online and then come back to the store to pick up the phone or wait for delivery then go back to the store for activation, or activate it myself. Which then one wonders why did I pay a fee in first place if activating it myself.  At that point the $20 is really an inconvenience discount. 🙂

Anyways good luck with your new provider where you will surely be treated like gold and then remember to come back in 2 years or so to Verizon because that is when you can finally be considered a valued customer.

Highlighted

Miembro

My Grandmother has been a long time customer still if we were to get a new line they would have too pay. It wasnt free like it used to be. I had to give my uncle a phone for verizon but that was free but it works perfect anyway. Just has a Cracked Screen. That is Not that bad. But his old phone ws very slow. Not even joking. it was a maybe 2012 phone very old.

I also recently switched to my grandmothers verizon not so long ago from my dads sprint. I do love verizon very much and there network is the best.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

And the Verizon Up rewards are pretty good too 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

@julie5009 escribió:

I agree with everything I have read.  Just as many of you, I have been a customer with four lines for 16+ years.  While I am not looking for BOGO, what has pushed me over the edge is that I was looking to upgrade and I do not want to pay the $40 activation fee.

If you do not want to pay the $40 activation/upgrade fee, simply purchase your iPhone(s) directly from Apple and purchase the unlocked version of the device. Don't purchase the one designated for Verizon as the only difference is that model comes with a Verizon SIM card. If you purchase that version, you will have to pay the upgrade fee. If you purchase the unlocked version without a SIM card, you will not have to pay the activation fee. Once you get your new device, turn off your old device and then remove the SIM card from it. Then you can insert the SIM card into your new device and you will be all set to go WITHOUT paying an activation/upgrade fee. I have been doing this for years, about 6-7 iPhone purchases without once having to pay an upgrade fee.

Highlighted

Miembro

Good to know about the ability to change SIM cards that may come in handy for the future. I am sorry to hear that RyanP15715 Grandmother and Uncle are using old phones with cracked screens to stay with Verizon, but at least the network is good, so I agree that is a plus. However, the Ups rewards are not for any kind of loyalty or being a long time customer, it is for giving Verizon permission (although many may not realize they are doing it when they sign up) to track and record the devices location, purchases and application use so they can then market and sell it to third parties.

This shows that it really takes very little to keep existing customers.  I just read on this forum that 98% of Verizon customers don't leave even after being treated poorly, thus it is just not worth Verizon's time, effort or cost to attempt to retain the 2% who leave.

So we now know the answer to -  Long Time Customers do we matter?

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for 15 years of loyalty, matoPL. You're valued to us, and we don't want you to feel this way. We want to make sure we find any options to help with anything you need. From what you mentioned, are you looking to obtain new devices?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

mary2125, we are glad to learn that one of store agents were able to offer you some great deals on our available devices! We are always here to help if you need it! For our store locator, please click here: http://spr.ly/660711Qwz. For our current offers, please click here: http://spr.ly/660811QwM. Does this help?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes