cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Line Access Fees?

SHANTIVAN05
Miembro

I have two phones on my plan, however one has a $40 line access fee, and the other has a $20 line access fee.  This does not make much sense.

Nothing in the FAQ seems to answer this, and most of the topics about this in here are locked so I can't ask more questions.

Why is the line access fees so high?  It does not make much sense to me, just seems like an under the table way to charge more money to us for no reason.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (4)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Line Access Fees?

VIRFOR14
Miembro

Under the New Verizon Plan, once the phone in question is no longer under contract, the line access fee will drop from $40 to $20.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

If you purchased a phone less than 2 years ago on a 2 year contract the line fee is $40.  One way or another you will pay for your phones. 

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

You are right, it isn't in the FAQ on this plan.  It was on the FAQ and the front page of the Verizon plan when it came out.   Searching....

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior
0 Me gusta

VIRFOR14
Miembro

Under the New Verizon Plan, once the phone in question is no longer under contract, the line access fee will drop from $40 to $20.

0 Me gusta

SHANTIVAN05
Miembro

Thanks very much for your responses.

I find this to be very disturbing to be honest.  Had we known that signing into a new 2 year contract for 1 of the phones (in order to get the discounted rate) would have resulted in us paying an additional $480 over the life of the contract, in essence wiping out any 'free phone' benefit, we would have never opted for that in the first place.

This is a game I look forward to ending and moving to a more transparent and less user friendly cell phone company in the future.  Verizon is clearly out to cheat us with these manipulations.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

Verizon and all other companies are no longer offering contracts.  From now on they are all retail sales price.    Both Verizon and ATT have been doing this math for customers for about 3 years. 

0 Me gusta

SpecialK102770
Miembro

But when you get a new plan it is a new contract.  shouldn't it drop right then?

0 Me gusta

Ann154
Expert

Changing your plan doesn't affect your contract term.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

SpecialK102770 wrote:

But when you get a new plan it is a new contract. shouldn't it drop right then?

A contract to purchase a phone has nothing to do with what service plan you choose.  You can change plans as often as you need or want to for service, but you still have to pay for your phones.    Service plans do NOT have contracts.   I have had no contract for over 3.5 years and have switched between carriers with my own phones. 

0 Me gusta