cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Line Access Fee + Monthly Plan Charges?! NO MORE SMARTPHONES FOR ME!

Miembro

So I'm reading that I have to pay a monthly charge for a phone plan, then add a monthly access fee to use that plan that I'm already paying for? How does this make sense for one line? Shouldn't there be a line access fee only when adding lines? What is the point of the plan without the actual access and vice versa? Money grubbing insanity! Guess I'll stick with my basic phone that doesn't cost an arm, a leg, and maybe a kidney. Our economy might get back on track faster if prices of everything didn't rise with the setting of the sun. $75/mo for a cell phone with a little internet is just absurd to me. I'll buy a GPS and save millions. DOWN WITH GREED Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Line Access Fee + Monthly Plan Charges?! NO MORE SMARTPHONES FOR ME!

Líder Sénior

All phones have a fee for access.  Smartphones (and now basic phones) need data plans.  If you were only looking into smartphones for GPS, then that's like buying a 5 speed car for only 1 gear.....you don't get the full use of what it was made for.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

I didn't say GPS was all I was using it for, it just happens to be an easy feature to replace. And my current plan does not have a line access fee + a monthly plan fee (if so, it's the most reasonable $5 addition); I only have a line access fee and my bill is about $40/mo. It's great! I wouldn't mind getting a smartphone to be able to access some web-based things as desired, but I'm not shelling out double what I pay right now when I can use the internet at work or later (I know that's a scary concept these days). Like I said, requiring a line fee to use your monthly plan just doesn't make any sense. That's like saying your apartment comes with a bathroom, but you have to pay extra each month to use it, even though you pay rent to have it in the first place.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Well, I have Prepaid, pay $50 a month with taxes for 2GB data, unlimited talk and text on a smartphone.  Some of the fees on postpay cover additional features like basic visual voicemail, advanced calling, cloud storage, and rewards points...none of which I need.  I also use a GPS app that uses no data, has offline voice navigation, and regularly updated maps without having to pay $100 a year or $25 a quarter to update like a stand alone GPS does.  So, there's that too.

0 Likes