cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Legitimate Text; or am I Being Scammed?

Schmidty2009
Miembro

At 1:42PM MST today, one of the lines on my account received a text message as follows:

De:

Body (temp password not included):

Free VZW Msg: Your My Verizon temporary password is ########. If you didn't reset it, please give us a call at 1.800.922.0204.

Nobody on our account requested to reset a password, and I am the account holder, so if there was a reset it should have been sent to me, not one of the other lines.

Verizon, is this a legitimate message? Do I need to be concerned that someone is trying to get into my account?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Legitimate Text; or am I Being Scammed?

Chismes
Líder Sénior

Dial 611 from you handset and double check is the best bet.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Schmidty2009, the security of your account is very important to us. We'll work to get the answers that you need about this communication. Please reply to the Private Message that I sent you.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

jav6

The My Verizon logon password for a line on an account is unique and change alert texts would be sent to that line and not necessarily to the account holder.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Me gusta

Paddock
Miembro

Had same issue and same number to

call...phishing?

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Paddock,

Maintaining the security of your account is so important. I'm sorry to learn of any confusion surrounding a message you received, and I'm here to help. Please review the Private Note I have sent you, and reply. 

Gracias,

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Me gusta