cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Is there a time deadline for online payments to be posted on a particular date?

woodylaura
Miembro

I pay most of my bills online and there is usually a cutoff time for my payment to be posted to my account on that date.  This information usually appears somewhere on the web page where I pay the bill.  For example, it may state,  "Note:  Payments made after 6:00pm ET will be posted the following business day."  I do not see any such statement on either the first or second page of Verizon's online payment process.  It's not even in the "Terms and Conditions" that I have to agree to before submitting my payment.

With other companies, I can also see this information SOMEWHERE on my bill.  It's usually in fine print under "Payment Options" where they state that you can make a payment online but specify what time it needs to be made in order to be posted on that date.  I learned a long time ago to pay close attention to the time zone specified because it is rarely Central/Standard Time.  I have searched every page (front and back) of my Verizon bill and cannot find the information I'm looking for.

I've searched the website's support info and there is no time deadline mentioned.  I've searched the forum and cannot find where anyone else has asked this question.

Some of us live paycheck-to-paycheck and can just barely pay our bills on time.  If I wait until after 7pm CST to make my payment, it won't hit my bank until the next day.  I don't want to assume, however, that I have until 11:59pm to make my payment for it to be posted to my Verizon account on the day I make it.

Does anyone know for sure if there is a cutoff time or deadline for online payments?

Muchas gracias.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Is there a time deadline for online payments to be posted on a particular date?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there woodylaura,

This is a great question. It's important to have proper expectations on when a payment may be late. The deadline is based on standard banking hours. For an online payment, typically if you make the payment before midnight on your due date, it will not count as late. Have you been charged a late fee under these circumstances in the past?
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta