cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Is there a limit to the high speed data on the unlimited plan?

Miembro

I'm just curious if there is a certain limit on high speed data on my unlimited plan? Once I use it would it drop to slow speed?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Is there a limit to the high speed data on unlimited plan?

Líder Sénior

Yes, there are limits just like the other providers.

For data actually used on your phone, there is a 22 GB/month limit before you MAY be prioritized if you are on a congested tower. If you are never on a congested tower, you should not notice any change in your data speed. If you are on a congested tower, your usage would be queued behind others who have not yet reached that limit or are not on the unlimited data plan.

For data consumed on your phone's mobile hotspot or any jetpack or similar device, there is a 10 GB/month limit before your data speed WILL be slowed to 3G speeds of up to 600 kbps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Yes, there are limits just like the other providers.

For data actually used on your phone, there is a 22 GB/month limit before you MAY be prioritized if you are on a congested tower. If you are never on a congested tower, you should not notice any change in your data speed. If you are on a congested tower, your usage would be queued behind others who have not yet reached that limit or are not on the unlimited data plan.

For data consumed on your phone's mobile hotspot or any jetpack or similar device, there is a 10 GB/month limit before your data speed WILL be slowed to 3G speeds of up to 600 kbps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

Have you reviewed the FAQs for the plan yet?

The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

No.  There is a limit on high speed tethering, 10 gigs.  After which it is throttled to 3G speed. 

Each line is reprioritised at 22 gigs of use.  This is not the same at throttling and does not indicate your data speed will ever slow down, no matter how much you use.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

That is not how the FAQ word it.  Any line that reaches 22 gigs is reprioritzed.  Once reprioritzed the line MIGHT experience slow data if the tower is congested. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

mama23dogs wrote:

That is not how the FAQ word it. Any line that reaches 22 gigs is reprioritzed. Once reprioritzed the line MIGHT experience slow data if the tower is congested.

We have read different FAQs then.

¿Qué sucede después de que use los 22 GB de datos?

La mayoría de las veces, seguirás disfrutando de la misma experiencia excelente de red cuando tu línea exceda los 22 GB durante tu ciclo de facturación.

If you've already used 22 GB on a particular line during your current billing cycle, and are on a cell site that is congested at that moment, your download may be temporarily queued behind other Verizon Wireless customers, which may result in slightly slower download speeds relative to another Verizon Wireless customer's experience on the same cell site at that moment.

The above appears to say if you have used 22 GB AND are on a congested tower, not just if you have used 22 GB. Possibly you are interpreting that differently than I am.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Thanks everyone!

0 Likes