cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Is switching to Google's new Fi cell service really cheaper?

varenc
Miembro

I'm paying Verizon  ~$110 a month and use about 7-8GB of data on average.  (paying for the $80/month 'L' plan.  The unlimited plans are pricer)

The Fi service will charge me ~$88 most months, but cost less on months I use less data.  Seems like a no-brainer win...but I love Verizon and have been with them a long time. Any gotchas or things I'm missing that should make me stay with Verizon?

-Chris

Etiquetas (4)
0 Me gusta

Re: Is switching to Google's new Fi cell service really cheaper?

glitchedpixel

I switched from Fi because I got tired of getting "emergency calls only" while my girlfriend had 3 bars in the same area.

It could be worthwhile if TMobile/Sprint is good in your area. Otherwise there is a good reason why Fi is super cheap.

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

@varenc wrote:

I'm paying Verizon  ~$110 a month and use about 7-8GB of data on average.  (paying for the $80/month 'L' plan.  The unlimited plans are pricer)

The Fi service will charge me ~$88 most months, but cost less on months I use less data.  Seems like a no-brainer win...but I love Verizon and have been with them a long time. Any gotchas or things I'm missing that should make me stay with Verizon?

-Chris

I'm not sure why you think the unlimited plans are pricier than what you are currently paying. For 1 line on the BeyondUnlimited plan, it would cost you $90/month plus taxes/fees which would end up being less than your current cost of $110/month. If you chose to sign up for autopay with a checking acct/debit card and paperless billing that would drop to only $85/month. This would give you up to 22 GB/month without any possible slowdown of your data speed.

Personally, I have not had any problems with Google Fi. Just the limited choice of phones with full compatibility have kept me from fully switching. I think Google Fi has much better options for international travel than Verizon currently does.

boringusername

@varenc wrote:

-Chris

How many lines? How is the L plan $110 for one line? It should be $90( $70 for data, $20 for line access ).

If you have line Go Unlimtied is $75, Beyond $85 and Above is $95, 2 of those plans are cheaper than 1 line on the L plan.

Google Fi uses t-mobile and Sprint's networks so you better hope at least one of them has good coverage in your area. also not really a new service has been available for a few years now.

varenc
Miembro

Thanks for the replies!

I just have one line. My understanding is that all plans also have a $20 line access fee added, right?  For example, my single line "L" plan is $70/month, but with the $20 and various fees it becomes ~$100 a month.  (not $110 like I said before actually, oops).

But still, if my current plan is $70, and the cheapest unlimited plan is $75, seems like it'll be more expensive!  Also, the cheapest unlimited plan has a bunch of caveats like slowing in times of congestion and slowing down hotspot usage which I don't like.  So to get something similar to what I have now I'd want beyondunlimited for $85/month which seems like it would bump my current plan by $15!

Fortunately I do live in an area with great t-mobile coverage so not concerned about that.

0 Me gusta

varenc
Miembro

See my other reply regarding the math! But basically my current "L 8GB" plan is $80/month and I have a $20/month line access fee.  So if BeyondUnlimited is $85/month, seems like my current plan will go up by $5, no? (also I meant $101 above, not $110. This seems to be caused by various fees and the caller id add-on)

0 Me gusta

varenc
Miembro

@varenc wrote:

....my single line "L" plan is $70/month

err sorry, I meant my current L plan is $80/month.  I would only consider BeyondUnlimited since the gounlimited plan would reduce my current service.

Either way Fi seems cheaper!

0 Me gusta

boringusername

@varenc wrote:

@varenc wrote:

....my single line "L" plan is $70/month

err sorry, I meant my current L plan is $80/month.  I would only consider BeyondUnlimited since the gounlimited plan would reduce my current service.

Either way Fi seems cheaper!

Why is it $80. The standard price is $70. Also you plan has the $20 acess fee. Beyond is $85 and the access fee is already included in the pricing. So it's cheaper. Why would Go reduce your current service? Its unlimtied. $10 per GB on Fi doens't seem cheap to me. Also like I said T-Mobile/Sprint. Veizon cost more because you get better coverage. Don't think you Google Fi plan isn't deprioritized after regular T-Moible and Sprint customers. because it most certianly is.

0 Me gusta

Community Manager
Community Manager

We would hate to see you go and want to make sure we assist you are on the best plan for your needs. While cost is a major consideration, the network you will be using should also be very important. Our network has been nationally recognized for reliability, speed and overall performance. We feel that our network represents an incredible value! Take a look here at a few more reasons why you should still choose us: http://spr.ly/61824Lto

PamD_VZW

0 Me gusta