cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Is my number being spoofed?

Ksejuit
Miembro

I keep getting calls from people with number similiar to mine saying they recieved a call from me. I tell them that I never called them and hope they believe me. What can be done about this. I am not calling all these people and nothing is showing up in myverizon call history? What is really wierd is that most of the people calling me saying that I called them have a number very similiar to mine, 570-274-xxxx.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (1)

Re: Is my number being spoofed?

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Very likely, and unfortunately there isn't much you can do.  I have received calls from the same area code a prefix as my phone number, but they are no one I know ... and if I don't answer there is no voicemail left.  I guess the scammers figure if it's a "local" number you are more likely to actually answer the call?

GeorgiaPat
Miembro

Mine has been spoofed, too, and for months, I didn't notice the pattern of hang up calls having the same area code and first three digits.  The calls have increased lately. Last night I received a text message, supposedly from my credit card company.  I knew it was a scam, because it referred to my debit card, and I don't have a debit card with that bank.  Just curious...do others whose numbers have been spoofed have your phone numbers on marketing materials, or blogs, or newsletters? My cell phone number was on my business cards and websites when I was a real estate agent.  Is it likely that these creeps see some of us as easy targets?

Has Verizon offered to, or agreed to issue a new number? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are happy to help in any way we can. We can always help with changing your mobile phone number or we can help you get in contact with our Fraud department as well. Let us know how you want to proceed.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Me gusta

LUNTIED
Miembro

Is there any way to stop the calls without changing my numbers!!??

Community Manager
Community Manager

LUNTIED

I do understand your concern in not wanting to change your number as I have had my number for years and I have grown fond of it. However, at the moment those are the options that are available. Here is a link for the fraud prevention resource page: http://vz.to/2nvOWhu

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Me gusta

ELWILES
Miembro

This problem is growing, and is becoming intolerable.

I am somewhat familiar with the technology, so I know there isn't necessarily an easy solution, but if the phone companies don't get a move on, they're going to find people dropping service for any alternative that DOESN'T have this problem.

Not only am I being bombarded by spoofed calls from robo-marketers, but now MY number is being used by these parasites.

I want it stopped.

Now.

I don't want excuses, or platitudes.  I want a solution.

I want to KNOW that the phone call coming in is coming from the person or business who actually owns the number, and is not being spoofed by some twit so they can hit me with another robo-call.  If your systems aren't able to do that, then you need to FIX them.

I want to KNOW that when MY number shows up on SOMEONE ELSE'S phone, that I'M the one who made the call.

Caller ID is not sufficient.  If your system thinks the number the call is coming from is correct,  you're going to provide the information for that number.  BOGUS information.

If your system thinks the number the call is coming from is NOT correct, THEN WHY THE BLUE BLAZES ARE YOU PASSING THAT [Removed] ON TO ME!

What they're doing is illegal.

Put a stop to it or you SHOULD be facing charges of being an accomplice during and after the fact.

inappropriate content removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

BUYAHOMETUCSON
Miembro

We have 3 phones on our account and the same is happening on all three!  I think Verizons security has not caught up to what they are doing yet.  We get people who are angry as heck calling us saying quit calling me, we have received 6 calls ....We get really nasty voicemail as well from people saying why are you calling me over and over.  We have not made a single one of these calls!  Somehow the evils of the world have figured out how to spoof our numbers and use them i a caller id system or as their number somehow.  Don't understand how it works, but it is definitely scary!  One of our numbers is one we use for business and have over 10k in advertising with that number, so changing the number is not an option.   Verizon really needs to figure it out. 

flutterfly8497

I've been getting calls from numbers similar to mine, too, except they are hangups. No message, and no one there when I do answer, and if I text the number back, the actual owners of the numbers are confused about why I'm messaging them and insist they didn't call me. I keep blocking them, but new numbers keep popping up, sometimes 4-5 times/day. It's irritating for everyone involved!

Community Manager
Community Manager

flutterfly8497, we understand how much it aggravates a person to keep receiving these types of calls. We do have a feature that can help. It is called Caller Name ID. Click here for more-->http://vz.to/2te4SJm.

JosephT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!