Centro de recursos de accesibilidad Salta al contenido principal
Obtenlo rápido al recogerlo dentro o fuera de la tienda o con entrega el mismo día.
cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Is it possible to use an iPad Mini as a cell phone replacement?
convoyuser826
Miembro

Hi all.  As a way to reduce the number of devices in my life, as well as the size of my cell phone bill, I'm contemplating purchasing an iPad mini with a data plan as a replacement for my cell phone, using Skype and other apps to handle communication.  I don't really drive and talk, and I find I'm using the cell phone talking part less and less and seem to talk mostly when I'm in a wireless environment.  I also don't text a whole bunch.  This seems much cheaper than my cell phone with a basic data plan.  Has anyone tried this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Re: Has anyone used an iPad Mini as a cell phone replacement?
convoyuser826
Miembro

I think I found the solution.  $20 per month for 1 GB a data for an iPad mini.  That would save me about $40 per month over what I'm currently paying.  Yeah, and thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

convoyuser826, that sounds like a plan to us. You may activate a tablet on your current wireless line, which will reduce the your monthly access fee if you're subscribing to one of our MORE Everything plans. Have you seen our new plans yet? Click here for details: http://vz.to/W24dla

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
convoyuser826
Miembro

Okay, so I'm planning ahead, and considering my options.  My current family (of four) plan ends in June of 2015. At that time if I eliminated my current family plan (my kids are old and can pay for their own phones) and my wife and I bought two iPad Minis outright (no plan) with just the minimum of data for each (no voice), what would that be (total) for each device (per month)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Asistencia al cliente

We would love to help you with a cost for your two phones and to tablets convoyuser826. How much data will you need for two phone lines and tablets. What data plan do you currently have on your account and how much data do  you and your wife average per month? You can perform a pricing plan analysis online via My-Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
convoyuser826
Miembro

I think 1 GB would be plenty on the iPad minis, perhaps less.  We would replace the cell phones with these two iPad minis.  Thank you for your helpful response.

0 Likes
convoyuser826
Miembro

I think I found the solution.  $20 per month for 1 GB a data for an iPad mini.  That would save me about $40 per month over what I'm currently paying.  Yeah, and thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes