cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Is it possible to upgrade devices without having to upgrade my plan?

For my parent's anniversary coming up, I'm wanting to get them smartphones. I haven't decided on a model yet, but probably something Samsung.

So here is my question:

My parents have a regular plan for what I lovingly refer to as "Dumbphones", non-smartphones. They don't have a data option and don't really want one, since they get WIFY at work and most places in our city, including home. If I were to get them Smartphones, is there a way to set it so that it doesn't accrue data usage unless it's connected to a wireless network?

Basically, I want it to be like an iPad that can make phone calls and send texts, at least until they decide to upgrade to a data plan.

Is that possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to upgrade devices without having to upgrade my plan?

Expert

A smartphone will require you to add the data plan to the account for each line with smartphones. It can be the minimal amount if you go with the shared data, but it will be something.

Have you considered just getting a wifi only tablet? That way they can get used to having such a device and not worry about using a cellular data connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Is it possible to upgrade devices without having to upgrade my plan?

Expert

A smartphone will require you to add the data plan to the account for each line with smartphones. It can be the minimal amount if you go with the shared data, but it will be something.

Have you considered just getting a wifi only tablet? That way they can get used to having such a device and not worry about using a cellular data connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes