cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Is it possible to port a number out and port a number in without any disconnection?

edenice84
Miembro

I have a second line for a family member and they will no longer be on my plan. The issue is they would like to port their number but I am still under contract with that number. I'm having someone else take over the line. My question is it possible to have the Verizon number ported out and then have a new number ported in? I'm not trying to have the line disconnected as someone else will be using the line and would also like to have their number ported in.

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Is it possible to port a number out and port a number in without any disconnection?

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

"Porting" a number out implies moving the number to a new carrier - and it will incur an ETF.

If all the numbers are staying with Verizon, you are not "porting" anything, and you and the person leaving want to perform an "assumption of liability" - the person leaving, to take their number to an account of hteir own, and you, for the incoming line.  There is no ETF for doing an assumption of liability, and the contract terms for the assumed line(s) will remain the same as it was on the previous account.

0 Me gusta

Re: Is it possible to port a number out and port a number in without any disconnection?

Ann154
Expert

Is the person porting out staying with Verizon Wireless or moving to another carrier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

edenice84
Miembro

They will be staying with Verizon.

0 Me gusta

Re: Is it possible to post a number out and port a number in without any disconnection?

Community Manager
Community Manager

ednice84,

Lets get these numbers ported in and out! I am sorry but if you are going to port a number out the line will be disconnected. As the port process is completely taking the number from VZW to another company it is necessary for the line to disconnect for the port process to complete. If you would like to just port the number in and have it take over the line that is currently in contract you can do that. Let us know if you have any further questions.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Me gusta

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

"Porting" a number out implies moving the number to a new carrier - and it will incur an ETF.

If all the numbers are staying with Verizon, you are not "porting" anything, and you and the person leaving want to perform an "assumption of liability" - the person leaving, to take their number to an account of hteir own, and you, for the incoming line.  There is no ETF for doing an assumption of liability, and the contract terms for the assumed line(s) will remain the same as it was on the previous account.

0 Me gusta