cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Is it possible to keep my current number if I switch to another device on an active line?

Nickwx92
Miembro

Is there any way to keep my current phone number if I take up my brother's phone and line (he moved to another carrier but his line is still open) on my parent's plan without making changes to their plan? I would end my current plan, as I am well past the end of my contract.

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (3)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: Possible to keep current number if I pick up my brother's phone and line on another plan?

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Nickwx92 wrote:

Is there any way to keep my current phone number if I take up my brother's phone and line (he moved to another carrier but his line is still open)  Did he port his number or get a new number with his new carrier?  You imply that he just left, with an active phone and number on your parent's plan - is that assumption of mine correct?  Is his line still under contract, or have device payments due?

on my parent's plan without making changes to their plan?  The only way to do this "without making changes" is for you to use the same phone (or a compatible Verizon phone) on the same number as your brother had. If you are to keep YOUR number, it will necessitate a change, as you would need to transfer your line to their account via the Transfer of Service as Ann154 posted.  If his line is also out of contract, then there would not be as much change, as you would Transfer Service, then cancel your brother's line.  If his line is still under contract or the phone has device payments still due, cancelling his line would result in ETF charges or the balance of the phone payments being due on cancellation.

I would end my current plan, as I am well past the end of my contract.

View solution in original post

Re: Possible to keep current number if I pick up my brother's phone and line on another plan?

Ann154
Expert

Transferencia de servicio read this link for how to transfer the lines to your name.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Me gusta

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Nickwx92 wrote:

Is there any way to keep my current phone number if I take up my brother's phone and line (he moved to another carrier but his line is still open)  Did he port his number or get a new number with his new carrier?  You imply that he just left, with an active phone and number on your parent's plan - is that assumption of mine correct?  Is his line still under contract, or have device payments due?

on my parent's plan without making changes to their plan?  The only way to do this "without making changes" is for you to use the same phone (or a compatible Verizon phone) on the same number as your brother had. If you are to keep YOUR number, it will necessitate a change, as you would need to transfer your line to their account via the Transfer of Service as Ann154 posted.  If his line is also out of contract, then there would not be as much change, as you would Transfer Service, then cancel your brother's line.  If his line is still under contract or the phone has device payments still due, cancelling his line would result in ETF charges or the balance of the phone payments being due on cancellation.

I would end my current plan, as I am well past the end of my contract.

View solution in original post

katrinan_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thank you everyone for providing those great questions and suggestions.

I understand wanting to consolidate and take over your brother's old line. In order for me to give you the best solution, I will need more information. Please check your inbox for a message from me.

0 Me gusta

mama23dogs
Líder Sénior

It has to be a lateral move.  If both accounts are on the same plan,  it's a snap. 

BUT

If you have a More everything or Verizon plan, and he has an unlimited plan, it won't work.  You would have to take over his number.  He would lose his number of course.

option....

You can port your cell number to google voice and use it as primary.  You would keep your number, he still loses his.  Just do a number change on his line so you don't get his calls.

0 Me gusta