cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:

Is anyone else getting overage charges more easily lately?

abigailjolly
Miembro

Ever since they started offering unlimited data it seems like the people who DON'T have it are getting overage charges very easily. I haven't gone out of the norm for using my phone lately and we're about to hit our THIRD overage charge this month. And we only have three days left in our cycle which ticks me off even more.... Is this happening to anyone else NOT on the unlimited data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: Is anyone else getting overage charges more easily lately?

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Data usage is increasing, not just because of the advent of unlimited data offerings, but because more and more apps, companies, websites, etc, are implementing newer and better technology that uses more and more data.

Look at video (a primary culprit when it comes to eating up data). Over the past couple of years, video clips have shown up on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, news feeds, and websites everywhere.  Video/TV services like Netflix, Hulu, and a plethora of others are now commonplace. 

You may not be doing any more "social media" on your phone than you were a year or two ago, but the amount of data that social media puts through your phone has increased dramamtically.  If you are not vigilant with the app settings to ensure cellular data usage is at a minimum, and videos don't upload or play except over wifi, you will see an increase.

Check settings after app updates and system updates - ensure that wifi is being used  and cellular is not for backups, downloads, video, etc.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

rcschnoor
Líder Sénior

I am on a shared data allowance. I have gotten 1 overage charge for $15 in the 4 years since I switched to a shared data allowance with 5 lines. 2 android devices, 2 iPhones and 1 smartwatch. The only time we came close was last month when one line was in a hotel with horrible wifi and used strictly cellular data for 2 weeks straight. That line was careful with usage for the 2nd week and we were under our data allowance by a bit more than half of a GB.

0 Me gusta
Highlighted

SuzyQ
Líder Sénior

Data usage is increasing, not just because of the advent of unlimited data offerings, but because more and more apps, companies, websites, etc, are implementing newer and better technology that uses more and more data.

Look at video (a primary culprit when it comes to eating up data). Over the past couple of years, video clips have shown up on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, news feeds, and websites everywhere.  Video/TV services like Netflix, Hulu, and a plethora of others are now commonplace. 

You may not be doing any more "social media" on your phone than you were a year or two ago, but the amount of data that social media puts through your phone has increased dramamtically.  If you are not vigilant with the app settings to ensure cellular data usage is at a minimum, and videos don't upload or play except over wifi, you will see an increase.

Check settings after app updates and system updates - ensure that wifi is being used  and cellular is not for backups, downloads, video, etc.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

abigailjolly, we always want to ensure that our customers have the best plan to suit their needs and we know that your needs may change from time to time. Is this the first time that you've come across overages on your account? Have you had a chance to review the data utilization tool to check on what items are using more data this month? You can check it out here: http://vz.to/2tsmCjn

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!