cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

Is Verizon attempting to get customers to abandon basic phone services for data plans?

Pattyann5
Miembro

I was just in the Verizon store to pay my bill and while there I wanted to verify my upgrade eligibility date.  My husband and I have a shared plan with him having a basic phone and I have a smart phone with a data plan.  Due to a need to upgrade phones last year I used his upgrade eligibility date to go from a basic phone to a mart phone.  At that time I was told that when the time that I was eligible to update my phone he would be able to use that date, which he did.  The next time we are eligible to update will be in Feb. but since we had switched the dates last year, I was told that if I wanted to update this year at his time, we would be charged an additional $30 per month for a data plan even though we would still have 1 basic phone and only 1 smart phone.  In essence we will be paying for 2 smart phones and have the benefit of only 1.  Does Verizon think that this is good customer service and that it will foster customer loyalty?

Labels (1)
0 Me gusta

Re: Is Verizon attempting to get customers to abandon basic phone services for data plans?

Weth
Líder Sénior

It is true that if you switch lines and upgrade with a smartphone, but then add a basic phone back on that line you will be charged $30 per month for data since you used that line to upgrade to a smartphone, and the data costs are part of the payback for the higher price of the smartphone.

However, that is not what you are doing, and I have not heard that if you use an upgrade to get a basic phone, you still have to pay $30 even if that is a transfer from an upgrade eligible line that has a smartphone.

I honestly think you were given wrong information and they misunderstood the new policy. This is one situation I have not seen yet, so will await others to give input, including any Verizon representatives.

0 Me gusta

Re: Is Verizon attempting to get customers to abandon basic phone services for data plans?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for any confusion Pattyann5! Allow me to bring some clarity to this data plan requirement concern of yours! As of 8/24/14, a Data plan is required for all Smartphone activations and upgrades with a subsidized device. The Data plan requirement has the same duration as the device contract term, so even if you remove the Smartphone and activate a basic phone the data plan requirement will stay the line for the duration of the contract regardless of the type of phone being used.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Me gusta

Pattyann5
Miembro

So in other words, even though I upgraded to a smartphone using the upgrade

date of the second phone on our plan, and have fulfilled my two year

obligation, I can again upgrade my phone. This will not require adding a

monthly data charge if there is still one basic and one smartphone on the

plan?

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Me gusta

No corresponde

If you're using the upgrade of the basic phone line there will be a data charge. Verizon changed this policy because unlimited data users were scamming the system to get upgrades they weren't entitled too. So blame unlimited data customers.

You could switch to the More Everything plan.

At some point I imagine all phones will be smartphones. Nearly 80% of customers use smartphones and that number grows each month. Not many companies are even making basic phones anymore. When Verizon shuts down it's 1x network people on basic phones won't have a choice unless someone make a 4G basic phone.

0 Me gusta