cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Interruptions menu missing from Lollipop update on Galaxy Note 4

Miembro

I i updated my note 4 to the Lollipop update a few days ago.   Under settings,  sounds and notification, i couldn't locate the "interruptions" menu.

If I do a search, the interruptions menu does show up.   but if i press it, it will just take me to the main sound and notification menu.  So somehow it's missing from the Note 4 update.

I did a google search, the menu is there for other phone like the verizon GS5.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Interruptions menu missing from Lollipop update on Galaxy Note 4

Líder Sénior

What if you press your volume buttons with screen on?  Does it pop up then?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Also, Interruptions is located within the sound menu in settings.  Interruptions and the apps set for priority are within that list/screen.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

No, it's not that if I press the volume buttons.

As mentioned, Under settings,  sounds and notification, I couldn't locate the "interruptions" item.  Can you verify this on another Note 4?

0 Likes

Líder Sénior

Capture.JPG

Highlighted

Miembro

I am going to repeat again for the third time, the option is *NOT* available on my Note 4.

The "Interruptions" menu is *NOT* available under Vibrate when raining in the Sound and Notification menu.

That's why I'm asking if this is a bug in the Note 4 Lollipop update because this option is available on a Verizon Galaxy S5 that my friend has.  I cannot confirm because I don't know anyone else that has a Verizon Galaxy Note 4.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

Did you factory reset before or after the update?  Or did you just slap this update onto the old OS?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Líder Sénior

If you didn't, you should.  Any further answers would be available after performing a factory reset.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Wiping the cache I understand, but this is supposed to be an "upgrade", if it needs a factory reset in order to do complete upgrade, then there's a problem with this package.  Especially for average user, is Verizon supposed to expect them to factory reset every upgrade, and re-setup everything over again?  My friend did an upgrade on his GS5 and didn't have this issue.

Also, if it's missing just one menu, I don't think factory reset will help. But anyhow, I have backed up all apps+data and did a factory reset (because I know first thing tech support will say is to reboot or factory reset it anyway).  But the result is the same.

Gracias.

Highlighted

Líder Sénior

There is a piece of software named innopath inside your phone, it cannot be disabled.  It is used by Verizon and manufacturers to deliver updates to all phones on the carrier (and other carriers) and can add and remove apps and other information as needed.  This is SUPPOSED to make the update smooth as possible and not need any user input, almost automatic.  But, usually it doesn't work as they hope. 

0 Likes