cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

I tethered my phone to my laptop for about an hour tonight and it used up almost GB of data. Is this usual?

Miembro

I tethered my phone to my laptop for about an hour tonight.  After I did it I checked my data usage and I had about 7.5 GB remaining.   I went in about an hour later to pay my bill and now I have no data left.   I don't tether my phone very often, but have never used this much data when I was doing it.  Is this usual?  I was just at a few websites and checking my bank and email.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas
Highlighted

Re: I tethered my phone to my laptop for about an hour tonight and it used up almost GB of data. Is this usual?

Miembro

Acutally there must have been something going on at Verizon.  I did check my usage on the app on the phone and on my computer and shortly after I had done the tethering both did say that I had no data remaining.  Shortly after I placed the above question I check again and all of my data was back to what it was before I did the tethering.  This morning I still had over 95% of my data remaining.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I tethered my phone to my laptop for about an hour tonight and it used up almost GB of data. Is this usual?

Líder Sénior

dpjw55 wrote:

I don't tether my phone very often, but have never used this much data when I was doing it. Is this usual? I was just at a few websites and checking my bank and email.

But do you know what your computer was doing in the background? Your computer carries on all sorts of tasks which require no interaction from you. Downloading OS updates, for example.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

Acutally there must have been something going on at Verizon.  I did check my usage on the app on the phone and on my computer and shortly after I had done the tethering both did say that I had no data remaining.  Shortly after I placed the above question I check again and all of my data was back to what it was before I did the tethering.  This morning I still had over 95% of my data remaining.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes