cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:

I s Verizon dropping voice calling?

Miembro

I have had Verizon for a long time and have always had great reception, at least as good as anyone else in very rural parts of Oregon and Washington. I use my phone mainly for business in rural areas, nearly all voice calls with some texting, no data, all standing still. Starting this year I have had multiple instances of dropped calls, "Network failure" , "Network busy please try again later" all the while having the phone show I have 3 bars or at least service. Initially I assumed I needed a new phone but when standing next to people that have other carriers that in the past would have no service in the area and now have great uninterrupted service I began to suspect something else. I called customer support and after learning where I was, at the time, the Verizon representative said that several towers in that area, that Verizon had leased in the past, Verizon had discontinued the lease on. Further he mentioned that Verizon was a "mobile" cellular service and would drop calls if they were staying in one place and not moving from one tower to another. He also said that in Two years Verizon was going to drop voice service and go to VOIP over wifi connections only and that I needed to get a new phone that would automatically connect to wireless connections to make voice calls.

This concerns me, as I mentioned nearly all my calls are voice, in rural areas away from any kind of wifi. i would be happy to get a new phone if that solved all my problems but it sounds like that would not be the case and its going to get worse in the future if I stay with Verizon. New phone or not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: I s Verizon dropping voice calling?

Expert

The CDMA and 3G EDVO network frequencies are being refarmed into LTE networks.

Which phone model do you have? Is it capable of VoLTE or HD Voice?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Miembro

I have a Kyocera Dura XV. Don't know about its capabilities but probably not to answer your questions. Like I said, I have no problem buying a new phone but if I am not going to have rural voice in Oregon and Washington there is no point.

Karl 

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

We rely on our phones for so much these days, so I understand the concern,  kfjbuilders . I can tell you've put in a lot of legwork already on this, so I apologize for the possibility of covering ground that's already been covered.

I don't foresee any retirement for our voice service, and the DuraXV should work just as well as another device. How often is your phone powered down? What are the zip codes where you're experiencing the dropped calls?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Miembro

The zip codes I have had repeated dropped calls both with and without a recording of "system is busy please try your call again later", calls that don't go through with a notice of "system failure" all with three + bars are in 97701, 97702 and 98297. I have great service in 97703. If I was to keep Verizon and get a new phone, knowing that I do a little texting, no data and a lot of voice calls both in and out what phone does Verizon suggest?

Karl [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

Leader

Ok, the standing still and not moving from one tower to the other response is ridiculous. It makes no sense at all. Verizon is moving towards a VoLTE network so if there are towers in your area that they can't upgrade or re-lease this makes sense. Remember, tower placement is not solely VZW's decision. Local governments play a huge role in that decision making.

Your current device is not capable of WiFi calling. I am not sure if it is capable of VoLTE though. It is a basic phone and they typically do not connect to the LTE network.

0 Likes