cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quisiste decir:
Highlighted

Re: I need to speak to someone from tech support/customer service but my phone is dead so I can't call...

Any nearby library that has a land-based Internet source and computers that you can hook up to?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: I need to speak to someone from tech support/customer service but my phone is dead so I can't call...

Leader

It's always sad when people don't have any back up options. They don't have any friends neighbors or a family member whose phone they can use?! Some grocery stores and train stations even have pay phones.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Miembro

dexman There is a library in my nearest town, but the computers are very old and when I asked, they told me they did not allow anyone to download programs (such as iTunes) onto the computers.. they were for internet access only and nothing else.

pherson​ Thanks for understanding the gravity of the situation.. it is difficult when you are alone and do not have any family or friends (my nearest friend is 10 hours away in another state). I am in a very rural area and know from past experience none of my neighbors would help me or even let me use their phone.

I did drive to town today and buy a Tracfone from the grocery store so I have a phone if I have an emergency. I was able to get a hold of someone at Verizon finally then and they were much more helpful than my local store as been.. they told me it was not a Verizon problem and I should contact Apple.. so I guess I will try that and hopefully I can mail my phone to them and they can fix it or send me a new one.. otherwise there isn't much point in me staying with Verizon and paying for a phone and service I can't use and no one can fix or is willing to help me with...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Your situation isn't ideal by any stretch. Despite having a fairly low monthly data limit to work with, one viable option (if the library allows BYOD) might be to purchase an entry level MacBook. By having that, you can use that as for online-based activities, and, be able to utilize the library's Internet service without violating the download restriction....unless that restriction also applies to BYOD situations.

0 Likes
Highlighted

And, you would have the ability to access iTunes should you need to clear future iPhone issues.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

Help is right here for you, catzeltatzel. Not having a working phone is not cool. Let's partner together to see what options are available to get your iPhone out of Recovery Mode. May I ask which iPhone do you have? Also, what's the exact iTunes version that you have installed on your computer? My apologies as our retail locations do not have access to download and install iTunes on the corporate computer systems. As Ann154 stated, the best option may be to visit the Apple Store if you are unable to update iTunes on your computer.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes