cancelar
Mostrar resultados para
Busca en su lugar
Quieres decir:
Highlighted

I lost my phone and want to downgrade the plan for the lost phone

purevtguy
Miembro

I lost a new (2 month old) iPhone 5s phone under contract. I do not want to cancel the contract on it, as it is to expensive, but yet cheaper than buying a used iPhone 5s. What I would like to do is have the plan down graded and have the data plan removed from it, since I have not phone for it and pay just the base phone rate until I decide what to do. I realize I could suspend service and not pay on that phone for 3 months, but i don't want tp push the contract out by three months either.  So is it possible to have the data plan on a lost phone remove, and just pay the base rate?

Labels (1)
Etiquetas (2)
0 Me gusta
1 Solution

Respuestas correctas

Re: I lost my phone and want to downgrade the plan for the lost phone

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello puretguy - I regret to hear about the lost phone! The only way to completely remove the data package from the line would be by activating a Basic Phone on the line if you purchased the device before 8/24/2014 as the policy has now changed requiring the data package stay on. You are grandfathered based on the old process is you did purchase before this date. What plan are you currently on? I am happy to help review additional options.

0 Me gusta

Re: I lost my phone and want to downgrade the plan for the lost phone

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello puretguy - I regret to hear about the lost phone! The only way to completely remove the data package from the line would be by activating a Basic Phone on the line if you purchased the device before 8/24/2014 as the policy has now changed requiring the data package stay on. You are grandfathered based on the old process is you did purchase before this date. What plan are you currently on? I am happy to help review additional options.

0 Me gusta